Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Hello Blackbird

I have been a bit naughty, well I feel naughty. My head felt awful but last night for the first time since Friday I had a reasonable nights sleep. It still feels 'full' I will spare the details but the antibiotics I got from the doctor yesterday seem to be working. I did not wake up till 9am this morning and don't remember Hubby leaving for work. I telephoned school to explain I had just got up but was told to stay home till tomorrow. So a day to relax and with very regular blowing of my nose I managed to watch a DVD and then about 1pm my little fingers started to twitch.
I absentmindedly ended up in the study and before I knew it I was making a felt blackbird! You see I had already twisted the legs and well they looked so sad sat there with no body.
So in about an hour I had made him whole and taken his passport photo.
I have also to tell you some sad news. Mouse didn't make it through the night. I went out to check this morning and he had made a little nest out of the straw I had put in the box and fallen asleep in a ball but was dead. I gave Lucy a stern talking to but she just gave me that look, the one that says "You can talk all you like, but if its small and moves I just have to catch it!"
Poor little mouse.

8 comments:

  1. There's no reasoning with cats is there, however much we dislike it when they do this sort of thing. Love your blackbird.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the blackbird was real at first glance! Let's hope that Lucy doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has already given it a swipe and knocked it off the shelf-she has done that with all the felt animals i have made, she shows them who is boss straight away!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh poor mousey but the law of nature isnt it :-(
    love the blackbird how clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blackbird amidst the spring flowers. I have not tried felting (yet!), but your bird is inspirational...and sorry to hear about the little mousey. But kitties are sort of hard wired to hunt, I guess. KarenLR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blackbird,sorry to hear about mousey,like you i try and rescue the little furries if any of the kitties bring them home.Hope you are feeling better now.~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really love the blackbird. He is especially handsome and charming with that backdrop of crocuses. Sounds like you helped little mousie to have a peaceful, comfortable end. Hope you are better soon xx lots of love
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your blackbird is lovely!

    poor little mouse, at least it had a cozy last sleep xx

    sam x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****