Please forgive me before I start, the photographs are a bit blurry!
No 1.
Get together your 'bits and bobs' these include-
assorted buttons
florist wire (I use colour coated florist wire)
small pliers
I like to use similar size buttons for my hearts but you can mix them up if you want.
No.2
Cut a length of wire roughly about 60cm. loosly fold in half.
Thread the first button onto the wire to the halfway mark. Thread up from the back and then down again in opposite hole.
No.3
This button will be the centre button at the bottm of the heart.
Continue threading buttons up one side of the heart.
You need to get the buttons as close as possible and sometimes you need to pull the wire through using the pliers as it twists and knots a little.
No.4
When you have about 12 buttons on start to work up the other side of the heart.
No.5
When you get 11 on the other side (the first button you put on is the 12th and the centre button.) choose a button with 4 holes as the centre top button.
Thread the left hand wire as before then thread the right hand wire into the other holes on the same button.
No.6
Don't worry too much about the shape of the heart yet yoy can bend it into shape later.
No.7
Turn to the back of the heart and pull the wires together. Start to twist them as close to the button as possible.
No.8
Twist till it is about 6cm long.
No.9
Bend it into a loop and slide one wire down between the button and the wire and do the same on the other. You are securing the loop so don't worry too much about how it looks as long as it's neatish!
No.10
Then twist the ends together for a few twists and cut with pliers. Use the pliers to bend ends over to make them face the back of the button.
No.11
All done. Attatch some ribbon and hang.
How pretty is that?! Not difficult either by the looks of it so must have a go myself. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteJane
Thank you - will give it a try soon
ReplyDeleteah....but you have got posh buttons, not old ones like mine from my cardis! LOL! xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Lyn.! I am a lucky recipient of one of your lovely button hearts! x
ReplyDeletethank you mwah :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely. Thanks for sharing. The button hearts would make lovely Christmas tree ornaments x
ReplyDeleteHow lovely, thanks for sharing! I think I shall have to try it! x
ReplyDeleteso simple and so sweet~!
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing.
:-)
libbyQ
they might make cute package toppers too . . .
Love that, thanks for the tutorial.
ReplyDeleteHi dear Lyn,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your London posts and now this wonderful tutorial is really what I need during these summer afternoons :)
Thanks for sharing this Lyn and for your lovely comment on my blog,
Love,
Annalisa
x
How simple and wonderful! Imagine all the possiblities. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us.
ReplyDeleteemily xo
Thank you Lynn for sharing... now I have something to try with my button stash.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling much better.
Susan x
I've been a lazy blogger of late so its good to catch up with what you have been up to Lynn.
ReplyDeleteLoved your post on London - looks like an interesting exhibition. Great photos.
Thanks for sharing this tutorial.
Jeanne
x
Thank you Lyn!
ReplyDeleteI am going to try this soon.
Suzanne xxx
How cheerful!
ReplyDeleteIt looks really easy to make, even for hopeless people as I am!
xxx
Lyn, your button hearts are so sweet ! !
ReplyDeleteYour button heart is here at my computer right next to Renee's watercolor portrait.
I am so lucky that I won your Giveaway ! !
Hugs & ♥♥♥s,
Gerry