Saturday was the my local Cats Protection Spring Fair. It was such a lovely sunny day, a bit chilly inside the scout hut though! When I arrived I was asked to man the cake stall-well I had bought six fairy cakes before the public were allowed through the doors-stall holders privilege! We had a steady stream of customers for the next few hours but the cake stall is always very popular and we had run out of cakes and biscuits before the end of the fair so my fellow stall holder and I could have a look around the other stalls and what they had to offer. This is where I messed up- I had forgotten to take my camera so have no photos of the fair to show you-sorry! There was a stall full and overflowing with soft toys of every sort, a bric-a-brac stall, the usual tombola and bottle stalls and a lovely stall selling all beautiful hand made things, dolls, teddies, jewellery, cat beds, knitted cushion covers and painted glass.
I had a rummage through a box at the side of the stall with some bits and pieces in and found the most lovely embroidered small table cloth and two embroidered tray cloths-£2 for the three-Bargain.
Then I bought a cat nip mouse for Lucy on the Cats Protection Merchandise stall and a knitted cat because I couldn't resist him.

The lady at the stall told me her mum had mad 14 of them, all different colours and if they all sold (£1.80 each) she would make some more. So I picked out the fawn coloured one and went to get a cup of tea and slice of cake from the cafe. As 2pm drew near and customers had dwindled I started to help stack chairs and fold tables, pack away unsold goods and collect cups I noticed that there was one lonely knitted cat left. True he wasn't the prettiest of the bunch but sadly all his friends had gone to new homes. I just couldn't leave him there so guess what, yes he came home too!
Afterwards I called in Wilkinsons and bought two lots of these stripy tea towels everyone seems to be talking about. They were also a bargain at 5 for£2 and they would be great as a patchwork. I can feel another WIP coming on.
When I got home it was too late to photograph my purchases so I did them this morning in the sunshine. The cakes I am afraid didn't last long enough to appear in the photo shoot!
Lucy loved her cat nip mouse by the way.
Today is Mothers Day and Hubby and I went out to lunch with my mum, my brother and his family. After a lovely meal we all went to visit her allotment (we looked a little out of place in our smart clothes strolling through the allotments!) she has had it since January and things are coming along. The raspberry canes I bought her as an early mother's day present are in and shooting away nicely. We then went back to my mums for a cup of tea, where her dog, Toffee was waiting patiently. This is a photo of her, she loves having her photo taken but usually ends up chasing her tail before you take it!
The second knitted cat you bought even has a sad little mouth! I am glad you didn't leave him there. It looks like you got some bargains at the spring fair too. Lucy doesn't look fussed by the camera but toffee looks like she loves it!
ReplyDeleteI am a sucker for anything that has eyes so I would probably have felt sorry for the last knitted pussy cat too....
ReplyDeleteHi Lyn,
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping over. What a lovely collection of furries (real and otherwise!) you have.
Great linen bargains too...I bought a few similar bits at the car boot yesterday, only they were cushion covers. I'm just off to iron them now!
Deb x
You have a very photogenic kitty and tofee is adorable too.
ReplyDeleteI can remember going to a cats protection shop years ago, always finding delicious bargains. I really like your embroidered bits, the knitted cats are so sweet and look good together, I think the little mottled one is quite pretty. Am off to snuggle up with a video or better still a book, it's turned so cild and windy tonight.
hope you have a good week, will no doubt be popping in to see you
xx
Sumea
Sounds like you had a great weekend and the knitted cats look great! Just the thing to huggle up with, especially if you have a cold like me! Thanx for your comments on my blog, your posts are so interesting and I love popping by every now and then to see what you've been up to!
ReplyDelete