May I just say here that I think my Hubby is so talented!
Large graphite pencil drawing of birds (double A2)Not the best photo sorry!
Let me explain. Hubby and I met while working in a design studio, he had done a degree in Printed Textiles and is so very talented. In the 1990's the textile industry in this country went downhill and first he then I was made redundant. He worked for himself for a few years then retrained, got another degree and now works in an office with lots of numbers on his computer all day. His Art work and designs were packed away and moved from place to place.

Detail of above drawing.

He did work in colour too....

Graphite and gouache (A2)
And the end of the 1990's wallpaper and furnishing fabrics were very colourful.

A2 Textile designs in various mediums.
Most of all I love his little sketch books, kept for 3 years, full of pencil drawings of everyday things and places. It is such a shame he no longer picks up a pencil or a brush, there is no money in it he tells me. I only hope one day he will maybe take it up again as a hobby.

So talented! It would be lovely too think that one day he will be able to do more art work.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing-love Lou xxx
You hubby is extremely talented. It is a shame he no longer draws. I would love to be able to produce such fine work. x
ReplyDeletewow!! Really wow - he should def do some more!
ReplyDeleteSeriously xx
Sam xx
he is very talented for sure!!!! what fun it must be to go through those boxes and find all the treasures. maybe he will go back to art one day.
ReplyDeleteVery talented. Atmospheric drawings. x
ReplyDeleteWonderful drawings ~ and a very talented artist. I'm sure he will go back to it when the time is right :O)
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you add some pictures of his drawings on your sidebar? ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful work. That village looks freezing - it has to be my favourite. I do hope he takes it up again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a talented couple you are! Everything is so clever.....Lovely blog btw!
ReplyDeleteLove Tracey xxx
Hi Lynn
ReplyDeleteI clicked the link on your comment on Jackie's blog (shouldn't even be looking at blogs yet, as I'm only on the computer to organise files that have been backing up overnight) and read what you had to say about your husband's work, which is absolutely stunning. Particularly love the birds and pot plant. I really hope that he has an opportunity to continue creating in the future. In the meantime, treasure those pieces and they will endure for a long time. Best wishes. Lesley
Clever old hubby and what a waste of talent. To be talented and not to draw is a crime. I love the top one. Beautifully composed and very contemporary looking.
ReplyDeletebeautiful beautiful drawings. such a shame he no longer draws. i'd love fabric with those big birds on it!!
ReplyDeleteclever drawings!!! never too old to start again!! I am thinking of oil painting with my grand daughter, just for fun.
ReplyDeletedid he do the bird sketches and the cat?
don't let go of that great talent.
Oh Lyn, what a talented pair You are! I hope your talented hubby takes up the brushes and pens and re-aquaints himself with his enjoyment in art again.
ReplyDeleteHe's very talented - such a shame he left it behind.
ReplyDelete