Friday, 2 October 2009

What a difference a day makes...


...24 little hours! This was my view as I drove home tonight! Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post about my lovely drive home, as you can see it's not always so beautiful!

"Tis the last rose of summer,


Left blooming alone;


All her lovely companions


are faded and gone."


Thomas Moore 1830


and this is one of the last roses in our garden.

The moon last night was lovely, my camera could not capture it too well though.

I have booked a stall at a Cats Protection Craft Fair on 24th October in Rochdale. I usually do my pet portraits but thought I would try and make some brooches to sell too this year. I had better get a move on though and get making. My secret project is still coming along and also my PIF gifts are slowly being brought together so I am quite pleased with myself, although the Christmas Granny Square blanket has been put to one side for now.
Thank you also to all those people who voted for me on the Dorset cereals site. I had 9 votes but seem to have gone back to 0 now, I think it's because it is the start of another month, I'm not sure!!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm just posting about my PIF now - bet you thought I'd forgotten!! I missed the moon last night - glad you managed to capture it. Good luck with the fair - hope you make your fortune!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post.
    Please consider putting an email contact on you profile page or side bar as I can't reply to your comments otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photograph of the moon! You captured it very well :) I am also feeling the pressure to make and create as I have a craft fair in November! Oodles to get done before then but its all good fun isnt it - especially when someone buys something you have made yourself!

    Have a lovely weekend, and thanks for your nice comments today over on my blog!

    With love
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think your view on the way home is lovely even if the weather isn't so good! It's very sad to think of the last rose of summer. I have roses that are still blooming but I guess not for much longer. I hope you do well at the craft fair and am intrigued about your secret project! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the moon over the hill!
    The view from your car is so inspiring and relaxing, even when if it is misty!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed your ride home post when you put it up - it looks so beautiful! (Even in the fog!) And I hope that isn't the very last rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may be damp and misty but I think it's still beautiful. I have tried unsuccessfully to photograph the moon several times - your picture is lovely, as is the rose. Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even a foggy misty view is beautiful in its own way, says our Mommy. The rose is beautiful, as is the moon!

    Purrs and hugs,
    The Kitty Krew and their Mommy

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****