Saturday morning was a blustery day and when I woke the wind and rain were beating the side of the house. I could quite easily of stayed in bed but I dragged myself up and out before 9am. The reason? a car boot sale in aid of St Bartholomew's Church in the village. It was held on the car park of the Old Bridge Inn (probably the oldest pub in Yorkshire!) 
Then after some breakfast Hubby and I decided to head East and visit Nostell Priory. This is a National Trust property not far from Wakefield.

We were in luck as there was a second hand book fair and a craft fair on this weekend. We walked around both and I have to say there were many beautiful things and I counted my pennies and bought something for Christmas for the house (I will show you nearer to Christmas) but the lovely lady I bought it from got talking and she has a blog here. Please take a look, she makes the most wonderful things. Her name is Sarah and her blog is -http://www.northfieldprimitives.blogspot.com/
The fair was in this beautiful building with a rose garden and fountain in front.

We walked around the Middle lake and looked at he view of the lower lake with it's ancient Druids Bridge below.
It was a bit windy but the sun was out as we walked around the gardens.
There are over 300 acres of parkland to discover, although we didn't do ALL of it!
We collected conkers and acorns and beechnuts....
...and watched the ducks and the swans on the lake.
Then on the way home saw the sun set behind Castle Hill.
Lovely photos. The stoneware jars look like a good find.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful day, super photos too. XXX
ReplyDeletePS, I have an award for you.....xxx
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteI adore your photos and enjoyed sharing your Autumn walk. I especially love all those wonderful treasures carefully gathered and beautifully presented in your bowl
I'm now off to take a look at Sarah's primitive blog
Have a happy week :o)
Carolyn
LOVE STITCHING RED
Lovely photo's, looks like a great day out :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful setting for a craft fair! I can't wait to see what Christmassy thing you bought. I am off to have a peek at Sarah's blog.x
ReplyDeleteI love Nostell Priory. Your walk looks lovely. xxxx
ReplyDeleteLike Simone, I'm very curious about your Christmas bits! Great pictures and colours!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures represent such tranquility. Must have been a really nice walk.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a brilliant weekend to me Lyn. Cant wait to see your Christmas goody!
ReplyDeleteSarah x
What a lovely day out.
ReplyDeleteA good day out and some nice finds, well worth getting out of bed for. Plus you've got started on the dreaded Christmas shopping, be proud.
ReplyDeletelovely pictures - glad you enjoyed your day out - nice weather at this time of year is always a bonus isn't it?
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, looks like you had fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks also for commenting on my blog, so pleased you like my vintage caravan!
Laura x
wonderful shots of your day and i think your nature finds look extremely tempting~!!~ like the stoneware bottles too~!!~
ReplyDelete:)
libbyQ