Friday, 9 October 2009

Thank Crunchie it's Friday!


It has been a long week and Friday night is one of my favourite times of the week. Glass of red and a good magazine. The heating is on and we also have the fire on tonight and the candles on the hearth.

earlier in the week I picked some of my dahlias and put them in the hallway next to the front door.

I'd like to do a painting of the dahlias like the painting above by Eileen Mayo.

We are at a christening on Sunday for a friends little boy. I have made a little bunting for him as a gift (the photo isn't too hot! modelled on our fire surround in the dining room) his name is Rudy.
in case you hadn't guessed!
Tomorrow I am of to see my mum and hopefully sort out a venue for a family meal to celebrate her 70th in December. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely bunting Lyn, enjoy the christening & have a lovely weekend. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely bunting, I like the colours so different from the normal pastel colours.
    Hopr you've enjoyed your glass of wine.
    Have a good weekend.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are LOVELY!

    I would love to have a go and painting them :0)

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dahlia painting. I especially like the vase. The bunting is a lovely gift and what a great name he has! Enjoy your weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bunting… I’ve never tried making any!

    Have a fun weekend love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do I do wish you luck finding a venue for your Mum's 70th, I'm sure you will and I am sure Rudy will love his bunting too!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Friday-ish wekkendy post. Have a great time at the Christening.

    I'm in love with that painting. I might have to ask it to marry me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck with the venue!! I hosted my mums 70th in our back garden in April - luckily the sun shone and we had a great day - but I was exhausted at the end of it!! Last night was a great night for cosying up by the fire.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi there lyn, I havent had my heating on yet, its not been cold enough and believe me i am terrible for feeling the cold, but its just not happening yet! lovely bunting, have a great time! x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We too had a cosy night in with the fire on and a glass of red wine on Friday. Great bunting and your Dahlias are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****