Then you reach the top, over the hill and start to drop down. At this point you leave Lancashire and enter Yorkshire.....
Some Jacob sheep came over to investigate the strange lady peeping over their fence.....
then drop down into a cluster of houses and a pub at a junction and turn left, climb up the hill and look left at the road you just came down...
On up the hill with a reservoir on the left.....
and a reservoir on your right....
then past The Rams Head, a very good restaurant, flying the flag out there in the wilds....
Then on over the tops. This can be very icy and snowy in the winter time and sometimes it's the only place to get the fog and mists.....


then on past yet another reservoir (we have our fair share around here!)....

do you see the long white building in the distance? This is Stott Hall farm. The East and West carriages of the M62 go either side of it and it is an island in the middle! It has been there since 1737 1100 feet above sea level....
down the road, past 'my tree'. The cows in the field on the right....

Dropping down through a village and onto the next, past our favourite restaurant, Villa Margharita....
Then have a look across the road at another magnificent horse chestnut tree turning gold....
almost home now. Through the village centre and down the lane, passing the church and post office then turning up our lane, onto the drive and look who is waiting for me on the step?
Home.
That's my kind of drive .. home.
ReplyDeletethat was lovely and the treats at the end make it especially fabulous~!~ especially the furry one with a tail~!!~ lol
ReplyDeletenext time can we stop at the pub for a bit of a visit~!?!~
:)
libbyQ
I am so jealous!!! What scenery....amazing, lucky you. XXX
ReplyDeleteYou lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely drive home! Our Mommy has some bits of 'country' driving once she gets off the highway, but not as good as yours. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteMeows to Lucy... (we hope we're remembering her name right! MOL)
Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew (and The Mommy)
What a lovely treat to pass all these each day to go to work!!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a lovely greeting to come home to. (and the cake looked scrummy) Have a lovely Friday.
Colette
That is a lovely journey to and from work, and to be greeted so warmly on the way back too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way home - such splendid views - I can see why you don't use the motorway. What a wonderful reception at your door and the comfort of tea, cake and a good magazine after your long journey:)
ReplyDeleteAaah... such bliss... What a great life you have.
ReplyDeletelovely photo's I just love the scenery in Yorkshire!
ReplyDeleteJosie x
What a beautiful journey you have to & from work. I had an 'easy as pie' tea towel with my Easy Living mag.
ReplyDeleteYvonne x
I also have a favourite tree that I pass by each day (and a favourite field!) I think I may treat myself to an Easy Living Mag as I really want one of those tea towels.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to see the views of the moors. I grew up in Lancashire, moorland like that was my playground, I still miss its wild open spaces even though we now live in beautiful Wales.
ReplyDeleteThankyou for sharing!
x Vicky x
Lovely ~ it must be such a treat to drive through such beautiful scenery every day ~ although I'm not sure that I would like to do it in the winter time. Lovely drive and then finished off with coffee and cake and a nice mag! Bliss! Hope you have a lovely weekend :O)
ReplyDeleteThank you for return my visit, we have a blog for your cat, - cat to cat-, take a look
ReplyDeletehttp://cats4meows.blogspot.com
If LUCY like, she can participate.
What a fabulous drive home, but like Jackie said, I don't envy your winter drive!! I know what you mean about that stretch of the M62 - it was like it on Sunday when we drove across. Ive never driven across it - summer or Winter without being in the clouds!! Great reception at home for you!!xxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely commute!
ReplyDeleteReally stunning landscapes! Lucky you. I live in a rather beautiful part of Belgium, but our country is sooo crowded, buildings and roads everywhere, almost no woods left... That's why I love to go to Britain or France.
ReplyDelete