
I attended a Visual Arts Launch at Rochdale Town Hall on behalf of our school on Friday. I didn't think I would enjoy it but when I got there and watched all the children doing song, dance, acting and music and looked at the exhibitions from organisations that promote art in schools I relaxed and enjoyed myself.

The Town Hall in Rochdale is a wonderful building.

Built in 1871 the Stained glass was admired by Adolf Hitler who was planning to have the building shipped back to Germany when he won the war.

The flags up the stairs were made by local school children for the event.
The stained glass is fantastic.

The above window is in the Great Hall, the ceiling is dark wood and my photos of the room itself didn't come out well but it is a breath taking room.In some of the smaller committee rooms the decoration has painted walls and ceilings some depicting the local trades and crafts such as spinning and weaving.

Then today I went to the Craft Fair organised by the Cats Protection.

I was at the church hall by 9.30am-yes 9.30 on a Saturday morning!
The other stalls had lots of things to set up but my little stall was up and ready in no time. Do you like the red polka dot oil cloth I used?
Here is my basket of flower brooches (I managed to sell 7 of them today!)
I got some interest in commissions for my paintings so we will see.
I started a painting of my mum's dog, Toffee. I find I get quite a lot of painting done (I don't feel guilty about not washin up!) I set up a similar stall at the Cats Protection Christmas fair and sell raffle tickets to win a pet portrait.
So I told you it was a long post!


Well done on the sales. I love Rochdale Town Hall isn't it beautiful?
ReplyDeletetwiggy x
From what I can see your paintings looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you have an advert on your blog for yourself?
I am sure a lot of pet owners would be very interested.
You are so talented. I agree with giqibird, you should advertise on your blog! XXX
ReplyDeleteThat building is beautiful. Well done on selling 7 flowers. I love your paintings, very talented :)
ReplyDeleteYou mustn't hide your light under a bushel Lyn! Your work is great, definately put some up on your Blog! Glad you did well. Thanks for showing Rochdale town Hall, what a beautiful building!
ReplyDeleteSarah x
Congratulations on your display, Lyn, the stall looks very pretty! Enjoy the weekend!
ReplyDeleteyour paintings are lovely, lynn, really lovely! I agree, show your talent here on your blog!
ReplyDeleteThe architecture of the Town Hall looks most impressive and very inspirational. I like the polka dot oilcloth you used for your table at the Cats Protection fair. Well done on selling the brooches. Your paintings are beautiful and true to life. You are most talented Lyn. x
ReplyDeleteYou should def advertise your artworkxx
ReplyDeleteSam xx
Really beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteyes indeed, lets some of your paintings on your blog! they look great. Well done on your sales. x x
ReplyDeleteRochdale Town Hall looks wonderful and the stained glass is beautiful - what a great building! Glad you sold some of your brooches - your display looks lovely with the red cloth and I like you paintings - hope you get some commissions:)
ReplyDeleteWell done with the sales, your pet portraits are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteVery nice windows, and the rest too. Good job on the paintings.
ReplyDeleteKat