Sunday, 25 October 2009

Thoughts, thank you's, hello's and wants.....

Gosh what a title!

First Thanks to all those that left lovely comments about my brooches and paintings in the last post. I think I may try and set up another link to something to do with my paintings, you never know do you? I am honoured that people who are clearly talented in their own right say they like my paintings. A true compliment.

The Hello is to some new followers I have. Some I can't trace a link back to any blog so if you have just started to follow my blog, thank you and please email me your blog address if you have one. Also I have had a few comments from people that also don't have blogs. Thank you to you too for your lovely comments about my everyday ramblings!



Now I so Want to go and see two films just out.



Bright Star about the love affair between John Keats and Fanny Brawne.

and for something completely different.....

I read an article about the new film Fantastic Mr Fox.

It looks like it's going to be a good film, just need to find some children to drag along....

I have to say I was really interested to read about how they made the film using models and slow motion animation sometimes making only 6 seconds of film in two days!


There is attention to detail with Mr Fox aging and getting grey hairs as the film progresses. His suit is a 'tight fitting corduroy suit made from one of Wes Anderson's old suits' and 'the stripy jumper worn by rat was knitted-but first the team had to whittle tiny knitting needles'

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic Mr Fox does look like a fabby film and fortunately my 2 children want to see it too ~ so I have a good excuse to go and see it and I must say that I am looking forward to it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn!!!!! My brother is the Production Designer for Fantastic Mr Fox!!!!!! (and I am a proud big sister). When he came to stay with me in Vermont in July he was recovering from the crazy work the film required. I cannot wait to see it, but it doesn't open in the States until mid November. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You blog entries are always so lovely. Glad you are getting more followers.

    Have a lovely week.

    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!!! I am very excited about Bright Star too. I hadn't heard of it until I read it on another blog. Has it been released yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. going to see fantastic mr fox on thursday with hubby and children the animation looks amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE!!!!! put an email link on your blog! or the very least in your profile page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My email link is on my profile page- or at least it was last time I looked!!!!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****