
I must be crazy! not content with doing my PIF gifts, I have a craft fair to get ready for that's less than two weeks away and a special gift or two to make for my mum's birthday I have now only gone and joined this fab swap! I just couldn't resist! better get busy then...... pop over if you fancy joining in Beki is organising it.
Also please visit the vanishing Bees site by clicking on my side bar picture. It is so scary that one third of the food we eat is pollinated by bees but during the winter of 2008/09 one fifth of UK honey bee hives were lost!
Must get ready for the Christening now. Have a good Sunday and will be back soon.......
Enjoy the Christening party!
ReplyDeleteYes - I think you must be insane!! We seemed to have loads of bees this side of the Pennines this summer - but Gilly who lives in Mancherster and comments on my blog said they had hardly any?
ReplyDeleteI think the loss of bee populations is very worrying - we have seen quite a few bees in our garden this year - bumblebees and honeybees - and far less wasps but I think that this isn't the case in many other areas? I'm off to look at the website:)
ReplyDeleteWe try to plant our garden with bee-friendly plants, and we do have a lot - the lavender is alive with them all summer, but it is very worrying to hear how many colonies are failing to survive.
ReplyDeletePomona x
Hi Lynn. we are lucky as our garden is usually covered with honey bees, but I have noticed a lot lot less bumble bees this year. Good to highlight the problem x
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn, we have had quite a few bees this year and more butterflies than usual, i bought two new lavenders so that attracts them, i worry that they will die off, if only the farmers had kept the hedgrows instead of selling off the land to builders.
ReplyDelete