Sunday
8.35am Wake to the muffled sound as a car drives past the house. I open the curtains and yes...the snow is still here.
Breakfast for the birds, Lucy then us....in that order!
9.30am
walk up the garden with Lucy.
10.30am
I do a spot more knitting........
....... while hubby clears the drive.
12.25pm
Tomato soup for lunch
1.15pm
set off for a walk
1.52pm
Up passed Kebroyd Hall
along Clapgate lane
1.54pm
We look at the tracks left in the snow...they might be hare tracks.
I love this line of trees on the hill to our left and I have taken loads of photos of them over the years. This is one of my favourite walks.
2.05pm
Past the village of Millbank
2.10pm
Up Foxen Lane towards Lane Head.
Lane Head is a 17th-century yeoman clothier's house. The
lintel is dated RF MF for Richard Firth (1627) and Michael
Foxcroft (1692)
2.32pm
turn left down High Field Lane
Past the cutest little greenhouse...with grapes growing inside!
the lane soon turns into a track.
and remember that line of trees we saw from Clapgate lane, the ones I keep taking photos of? well these are those very trees.
2.42pm
Some dark looking clouds over there
time to head home
3pm
Hubby settles with Lucy on his knee and computer on the arm of the chair to do some work while the Ireland Wales match is on.
4.30pm
The moon is rising
5.09pm
Wales won the match. I do some more knitting.
6.30pm
Fish and Chips for tea.....I know they look a bit insipid but they were delicious!
7.30pm
A bit more knitting, reading blogs and watching Countryfile
and looking forward to The Time Traveller's Wife on Channel 4 at 9pm.
What a lovely weekend.
Sounds like you had a chilled out weekend. Oops could have chosen a better description.
ReplyDeleteLynn x
Lovely photos, reminds me of the many years I spent living in the Republic of Yorkshire. I lived near Bingley and still return regularly to visit my dear friends.
ReplyDeleteLucy reminds me so much of my cat Tiger - he loves the snow and does this strange shuffle throw the deepest snow he can find - we always say that he is snow ploughing!
Lots of snow here too, we had a lovely afternoon walk and saw lots of birds. Our local forest has a big bird feeding station - you can imagine the activity on a cold day like today!
Helenxx
I have really enjoyed seeing your weekend. Love the photo of the tracks in the snow and the photo at 2.10 where the clouds in the sky seem to mirror the tracks of snow on the ground.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
What a lovely part of the world you live in. All that snow, we are heading for 32 today. All the washing is on the line drys so quickly. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteLove that green house and find winter trees so inspiring.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photographs as always, Lyn! I love your knitting!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the Time Traveller's Wife.
xxx
sounds great and looks great to. Glad you had a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, looks like you had a lovely walk. I'm watching The Time Traveller's Wife at the moment but only til 10 then I'm turning over for Desperate Housewives because we have the dvd of the film, it's very good, hope you enjoy it xxx
ReplyDeletewhat amazingly beautiful photos of what looks like an amazingly beautiful walk
ReplyDeleteWonderful looking day, thank you for sharing your walk with us x
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos!Lucy didn't look too sure of the snow!
ReplyDeleteWarm Wishes,
Callie
Snow, skies, trees, Lucy, knitting, delicious food, what more could you want? That is Lucy AND knitting NOT Lucy knitting or even Lucy knitting delicious food! Now that would be something!!! I am glad you had a nice weekend. x
ReplyDeleteI love your photos of the bare trees and the snow, just gorgeous. Not a flake here!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful time walking about in all that lovely snow - it all looks so magical!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful photos of your walk up on the moors, I love the one of Foxen Lane towards Lane Head - wonderful! And you had sun and the palest of blue skies to make the snow sparkle. We have deep snow too, but under the grey sky it looked very different.
ReplyDeleteThe snow is sticking around and today the sky id clearing - another walk with my camera, I think :-)
And it's nice to come home to a cosy home with cats and knitting, isn't it!
Celia
x
I agree - it was fab! Great photos as ever. x
ReplyDeletewow the view from your house!!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous!!
Cute Lucy too!
Sam xx
How funny reading your post ours days were so similar. We too had tomato soup for lunch and teddy sat on my lap at the pooter while rugby was on tv.
ReplyDeleteYour images are beautiful. Sunday was a very good day.
Carol x
I really love all your photos! Lucy is adorable and the snow makes everything look even more beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI like the picture of the moon, the sky has a lovely shade of blue!
It looks like you had a very nice weekend, thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures with us!
Love,
Annalisa
xxx
I love accompanying you on your walks! (Mind you, my feet are quite cold enough sitting here inside my house, so am glad it's a virtual walk right now!) Lane Head is the image I have in my mind when reading Wuthering Heights!
ReplyDeletex
Wow you walked a long way on such a cold day. Love that greenhouse!
ReplyDeleteWonderful images of your walk, that's a late grape harvest isn't it?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You’re so lucky, no snow here...i'm still hoping for some.
ReplyDeleteLou xxx
Loved your lovely day!
ReplyDeleteSandie xx
We wouldn't even have to garden to truly enjoy this cute greenhouse.
ReplyDeleteWe could sit 'n knit while having some afternoon tea.
Oh, how I love your curly scarf.
hugs
Gerry
ooooh i did enjoy this post! and those below it very much. i wished those chips were real too ;o)
ReplyDeleteyour Lucy is lovely girl, she has such a sweet presence =^.^=
and your ruffles look very interesting, i shall return to check on their progress.
we only had a tiny dusting of snow here, it was pretty but cold. i think that snow has got colder since i've got older, i still like it though.
i feel feel when i visit your blog, rather like i do when i've read a chapter of a miss. read book. it's a lovely cosy sort of feeling.
warmest wishes to you xxx
sumea
Such gorgeous pictures and what a perfect day - ending with good old fashioned fish and chips.....of course.
ReplyDeleteNina x
hello! my first visit- not sure how I ended up here, but your snowy photos are gorgeous! such an expanse of snow and huge skies and bare trees- perfect ingredients! we barely had any of the snow down here in Dorset, just one day and it soon melted away.
ReplyDeleteLeanne x
I'm with everyone else - fab photos and great to come along on your walk! Sounds (and looks) like a perfect weekend. Bethx
ReplyDelete