Sunday, 18 October 2009

That Sunday feeling


I don't know about you but I still dislike Sunday evenings, as it starts to get dark the feeling of the end of the weekend and that 'school tomorrow' dread comes back. Don't get me wrong, I love my job but I love being at home more!


Yesterday's crafting had to be postponed as I popped over to see my mum. She's not having a good year health wise and I went over to make her some tea and stayed till after 'Strictly'

So today, after popping into the garden for a coupe of hours this morning I got on. I picked the last of the produce from the garden, some tomatoes, carrots, beans, an onion, a tiny cucumber and some dahlias (still loads of dahlias but I left them for the bees still flying around in the late autumn sunshine.)
Then it was upstairs to make some flower brooches to hopefully sell next Saturday. It's the Cats Protection Christmas Craft Fair.
I have not looked at my Autumn/Christmas Granny squares blanket for months and I am still in the middle of making my PIF gifts and my little 'secret project' is slowly coming on. I plan to get LOADS done in half term-only one week left-yippee!!!!!
Now ages ago the lovely Tracey gave me an award. Thank you Tracey!

The 'Lemonade' award is for "seeing blessings where they're not obvious and make lemonade instead if complaining about sour lemons"
I have to name some things I am grateful for-
:: my family and friends, always there whenever they are needed
:: a good husband, always supportive
:: my health
:: a lovely house and beautiful country to live in
:: my art, photography and crafts-it keeps me busy and in touch with -
:: my bloggy friends!
Now I will pass this onto-
Just because I enjoy reading them!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn,I dislike Sunday evenings too! I'm sorry to hear that your mum is not well, hope she will recover soon.
    Congratulations on your well deserved award and thank you so much for thinking of me, if you don't mind I will put the award on my sidebar with a link to you,as Susie gave me that award two weeks ago ;-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, thats really kind of you.

    I love the scenic photos, where are we looking? What is that moorland called? I know it isn't, but it looks quite like the tops of our fells here in the Dales. Scrummy.

    I especially liked the photo of the veggies and flowers from the garden, we used to have an allotment before we moved here to Wensleydale and I really miss popping out and gathering produce.

    My knitters are year 4 too. We only have half an once a week, which isn't enough really. I spend more time picking up stitches, but the children have enjoyed it. I think they need to be a little older really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your Mum Lyn, I hope she gets better soon. You are lucky to still have produce from your garden! I think your brooches look beautiful and I hope you do really well selling them for Cats Protection. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, as always, Lyn! Sending some blogospere good wishes to your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a good harvest from the garden still, the dahlias are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Lyn, I am glad you enjoy reading my blog and it's truly lovely to get an award.

    Your photos make me home sick, I love looking at them, but we are heading to the Dales to see family over half term so I will get my Yorkshire fix!

    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling well & am so pleased that I can stay at home, for the time being anyway. Hope you mum has better health soon and good luck with the craft fayre.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I remember that Sunday evening feeling so well! How wonderful to still have some produce in the garden - we only have a few brussels left now. Your brooches are so pretty - I hope they sell well for you and Cats Protection. Hope your Mum's health improves soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyn, sorry your Mum isn't well, hope she is feeling better? Magpie is finally out of plaster which is a blessing.

    Here down the lane I quite like the cosy peacefulness of Sunday evenings, fire roaring and costume drama to watch!

    Have a lovely week,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn
    Thanks so much for the award. That is so thoughtful of you. I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog! I'm sorry to hear you mum's not well. I love your harvest of veg and flowers.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photos -where is that?- and I know what you mean about Sundays...bleurgh! Best to keep them quite busy so there is little time to reflect and think about Monday! What do you do work wise?

    We collected in a lot of our produce this weekend too...

    I hope your mum is okay now. I also like the fact that the fair is for Cat Protection!!! And, congratulations for the award! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooohhh~!~so jealous of your beautiful dahlias~!!~!i'm not sure that i would be able to leave any for the bees even . . .

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still get the Sunday evening blues though I've been retired over a year, it takes time I suppose to change after 42 years of work. Those brooches look so intricate and are for such a good cause, well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello christmas stocking partner! lovely to meet you - off to 'stalk' your blog now to see what kind of thing you might like! ;)

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****