Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Getting ready



Autumn is here and we have had the most wonderful sunny days where the grass is burning golds in the sunshine and the trees are glowing. Today however has been dull, grey and windy and soon those golden leaves will be blown away and the trees will be bare and winter will be here.



The garden was lovely in the dusk last night, the woods opposite were bright and my dahlias were glowing. I collected some hydrangeas and put them in the lounge to dry.


I went up into the loft to look for a basket to put my flower brooches in on Saturday and found some things I had forgotten about.


A tapestry I had done of Lucy ages ago, I think I will make into a cushion. My dads old tiny brown case, all battered and bruised. I need to re-line the inside. A basket for my brooches and a tin that will come in very handy. There was also a patchwork made by Hubby's Gran many years ago and Made up into a nightdress case. All things my new found interest in vintage and crafts has made me look at in a different light.

The view from my 'study/craft room/junk room' is very autumnal too. One day I will have a lovely 'workroom' Hubby has promised-and he ALWAYS keeps his promises-One Day!
Today I received some tags I purchased from Simone. They are so lovely and beautifully made. Pop over to see what other goodies she makes and sells here.

13 comments:

  1. I wish I had such treasures in my loft! I have a husband who also says 'one day' a lot!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hydrangeas, and you've lots of lovely trees round about you too. Great loft finds, I don't think there's much in ours of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more beautiful autumn flowers~!~ the hydrangeas are such pretty shades of blue~!~

    your loft finds are sweet and it looks like it was as good as Christmas for you~!!~

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. the color of the blue hydrangeas is stunning. your needlepoint reminds me of work i sued to do. it has been so long since i needlepointed, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyn!
    The view from your craft room is stunning and so relaxing! Hope you're mum is on the mend now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyn, you have such a beautiful garden. I would love to peep beyond the garden fence as the views are so stunning. You really are very talented what with your tapestry and lovely brooches you have made for the craft fair. Thank you so much for the mention and I am glad you liked the tags. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lyn, I too am having a hydrangea moment over here down the Lane. What beautiful Autumnal colours through your work room window,

    Love Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hydrangea's look lovely and I can't believe what treasure you found in your own attic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyn, the Hydrangeas are just gorgeous, such a lovely colour. And I love the pretty cat tapestry too. I'm sure your workroom will materialise soon, best wishes, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love hydrangeas and they go great when attached to material using bondaweb - I do know that sunday evening feeling how ever much you love school and that is why I am really enjoying retirement

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lyn,
    What a lovely 'slice of life' post! So nice to see what autumn's like 'across the pond'! Very much like it is here in New England! I, too, have had hydrangeas blooming up until very recently when we had our first frost.
    We have had some very cold weather, but a respite today as the temperature climbed to 70.
    The tapestry of Lucy is just beautiful and I love seeing your garden views.
    Have a lovely rest of the week, Lyn.
    X0X Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Attics are great. Your little tapestry is the best part. You really should do something to display it. Your writing is very restful, thank you for sharing.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lyn, Aren't hydrangeas gorgeous - I especially love the blue ones! Your lovely tapestry of Lucy should definitely be made into something you can enjoy because of all the time it must have taken to make. Hope you're enjoying your weekend - is it half term hols for you now? Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****