Easter Sunday
Lovely day spent in the garden. All these lovely flowers blooming! 
The above is a lovely small flower called Hacquetia Epipactus. They are actually small yellow flowers surrounded by lime green bracts.

Easter Mondy


TuesdayHubby took the day off so we went to Styal,


Wednesday-Friday.
This is the thatched church in Little Stretton built it 1903
and this is in a beautiful old church in Woolstanton.

Not such a nice day weather wise, but we went to watch the motor racing at Oulton Park. I took some photos of the ancient trees.

There use to be a very grand house here and the race track is in the park of the estate. The house is long gone.
TuesdayHubby took the day off so we went to Styal, 
to Quarry bank Mill.
Then we had time to have a stroll around Dunham Massey. The sun was coming out.

Wednesday-Friday.
I took my mum to visit my mother-in-law in Church Stretton, Shropshire.
This is the thatched church in Little Stretton built it 1903
and this is in a beautiful old church in Woolstanton.Saturday

I went to a workshop at The Royal Exchange. It was run by one of the costume department. She showed us how to make these flower corsages.

They have a new blog and I think they will be putting up photos of the workshops that take place there.
So that was my first week of the Easter holiday. I hope to tell you all about my second week, but highlights will be the garden, applique with Shan, a day in York, a visit to Saltaire and My BIRTHDAY on Friday!!!!! so please come back and see me soon.

What a busy week and so many interesting places, I've enjoyed seeing the pictures. And Happy Birthday! xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely montage of flowers from your garden! We've recently revamped ours (for the trillionth time!) and I'm not sure what's going to come up and what isn't...
ReplyDeleteMany happy returns for your birthday, some lovely pictures there - the thatched church is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to go to the Acton Scott Museum...it's on the list for when we do return to Shropshire. ;-)
Lovely lovely lovely!!! I LOVE Quarry Bank mill, I'm dying to go to Acton Scott and those gorgeous corsages!!!!! You know how to make the most of your school holidays! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous mosaic of your garden flowers. It looks like you had a busy Easter. I love the tree photos. I used to work at Acton Scott Farm Museum years ago. It was my first ever job but since I left about 25 years ago, I've never been back, which is awful because it is only down the road!!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, I impressed at your Easter flowers as there's not a lot going on in my garden at the moment. Looks busy but lots of fun! Bethx
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to see such beautiful flowers all blooming ... must surely put a smile on everyone's face now that Spring has sprung. I hope its sunshine all the way now (for at least a few months anyway).
I think the old tree bark is just amazing.
Enjoy the holidays.
Lovely photos, what a good time you had! Sorry your computer has died!! Happy Birthday x x
ReplyDeleteOoh what a gorgeous post. Your spring mosaic is the loveliest I've seen and I've never heard of that little plant - I must seek one out!
ReplyDeleteI am very envious of your workshop - how I miss workshops. Perhaps later in the year when the smallest, well, gets a bit bigger.
Gorgeous photos and a what a wonderful week you had (apart from your computer packing up!)x
ReplyDeleteWhat a very interesting and busy time you've had Lynn - I love the look of Quarry Bank Mill and the little thatched church.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos, especially your mosaic of garden flowers!
Off to catch up with your second week now!
Jeanne
x
Thanks so much for the link. We are glad you enjoyed the workshop. :)
ReplyDelete