Saturday, 17 April 2010

Week 2

As I come to the end of my second week of my Easter Holiday I thought I would give you an overview.

I am still using Hubby's computer when I can but it does mean I have not had time to browse through your lovely blogs. I promise as soon as it's sorted I will catch up with you all.


I spent Sunday and most of Monday in the garden. It was so sunny and spring was here! The buds on the old apple tree are popping.

Lucy helped me.

Then Shan came on Tuesday and we played with fabric paints and collage. The transfer inks were fun to use but I have yet to transfer them onto fabric. I played around with birds influenced by Charley Harper. We love Charley Harper.

Shan let me choose fabric from her stash and I had a go at collage too.

I waved goodbye to Shan at the station on Wednesday and on Thursday I went to York with two friends from work.
It was so cold!

We did all the tourist things... a trip on the open top bus...



a walk through the Shambles....

...and a trip by boat down the River Ouse.


We travelled by train to York and I was on the train again on Friday, My Birthday (thank you for all the birthday wishes on my previous post, and thank you Simone for the card!)

This time the sun was out and I went to Saltaire with my Mother-in-law. We had lunch at the cafe and bought far too many books from the book store.


She didn't feel up to walking around the village so it means I can drag Hubby there again soon to do the tour.


I got lots of lovely gifts for my birthday and hope to photograph some of them soon. It was such a nice day, very relaxing and calm. Hubby treated me to a meal out in the evening too!

Today was also a sunny day but I needed to tidy up, do shopping and get my hair cut so didn't take advantage of it. Some friends are coming tomorrow so I hope the sun continues and we get chance to sit out and have tea and cake outside.

17 comments:

  1. Your second week is just as eventful! I absolutely love York and have fond memories of walking in the Shambles looking at all the lovely shops ... pretty collage and kitty!

    Oh and happy birthday Lyn. Enjoy the rest of your weekend:-)

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! You always do such interesting things, which I love to read about. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere I have never been but would like to. You certainly did plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you packed so much into your second week. Belated birthday greetings.

    Lucy is lovely similar markings to Tia. Haven't been to York for a while used to go quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so wonderful! The fabric paints and collage look like fun to do! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday!
    beautiful post. and very interesting
    I've never heard of transfer ink,looks great!
    Lovely collages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having a lovely Sunday with your friends! xxx
    P.S. thank you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you have a good week - i love reading about and seeing places I know - we must meet for coffee soon - summer holiday perhaps?love the birds

    ReplyDelete
  9. JP,
    yes coffee in the summer would be fun!
    Just email me.
    Love
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely 'self'

    York has something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those birds - what a great simple yet effective style. You've been so busy again. My OH says we must go to York - he went with a work thing and said I'd really like it - it looks so full of character. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. your cat is soooooo cute, i think this because my cat looks exactly the same as yours!
    Tabbys are by far the best!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss the bit about your birthday??!! Happy Birthday!!! Once again, a great way to spend your free time - I love Saltaire. Hope you get sorted out soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Lyn,
    I'm glad Royal Mail didn't let me down and that you enjoyed your birthday. Thanks for being my guinea pig ( brilliant as ever) and helping with my workshop practise- it went well on Saturday and I was more confident because we'd tried it out first - it also makes me want to do loads of my own work. Maybe in the summer we can do some more - mixed media this time? Oooooo, I can't wait! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving those bird prints and collages - very very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh love those birds, and your day out in York has made me quite homesick, but we're visiting next weekend so I guess I can cope - just x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday, Lyn. You do visit some interesting places. I love the old towns. There is a cat like yours (called Tiger) at our local produce store, where I buy my big bags of duck feed. He loves a pat, and you can always find him sitting on the bales of hay.

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****