
It's been a busy run up to Easter. Usually we finish school the week before for two weeks but this year we finished today.

I am not sure if you remember this post from Easter last year? We usually have friends over with their children and have cake and chocolate and Easter Egg Hunts but the house and garden are in such a mess and some of our friends are going to a family wedding so we decided not to do it this year. So I have not decorated for Easter-at all! Which is a shame because I do like the celebration of the season and the idea of a new beginning.


Last weekend I did some much needed gardening.

It was lovely and sunny on Saturday but cold. The spring flowers really looked cheerful.

Sunday we went for a walk and I didn't take my camera. I did try to take some on my phone camera but they are grainy and tiny!

School today was fun. The classes mixed so we had all ages in each and they did Easter activities.

The dyed eggs were a hit, don't they look wonderful? Then we walked up the cobbled lane to the church for a lovely Easter service.

I got some Easter gifts too!

Last night, I went to the Royal Exchange to see A comedy of Errors, it was brilliant, well worth a visit.
SO I am not sure what the Easter weekend holds but I do have a request. I will post about it somethime over the next few days, in what will be my 200th post!
Twiglets school finished today too - yay ! I haven't done much for Easter this year either as Mr Twigs will be laying a new floor and Twiglet and I are sloping off to my Mums :) Have a great weekend, whatever you do.
ReplyDeleteTwiggy x
Wow 200 posts! That's a lot of blogging!!! The spring flowers look beautiful in your garden. A lovely splash of seasonal colour. I bet the children had great fun with the dyed eggs. They look really effective. I am so unprepared for Easter. I still have eggs to buy and I only realised that Easter was this week last week!!! Have a lovely time whatever you decide to do. x
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see what your children are doing in school! Your photos of spring flowers really made my day, Lyn! Happy Easter yo you and your family!
ReplyDeleteJudyx
Enjoy your break :)
ReplyDeleteYes - we've just finished school yesterday.
ReplyDeleteIn 30 years I've never worked in Holy Week before. While we were envious of those who had already finished for Easter, now we're really pleased because we've hopefully missed all that dreadful weather.
I like Easter in school - we do lots of nice crafty things with none of the pressure of the Christmas!
Enjoy your break!
Love Kathy xxx
You and me both with the 200th posts!! We are soul sisters!!! You put your feet up and enjoy a few lazy days Lyn. xxxx
ReplyDeleteA super Easter blog - bet the children loved all those activities!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you! some lovely easter pictures x x x
ReplyDeletehello lyn
ReplyDeletei hope you are able to relax now after so much activity.
it looks like your pupils have had a lot of eastery fun...the coloured eggs in particular look wonderful!
and your gifts are so pretty.
i have to say also that your garden is looking beautiful, very pretty indeed with the spring flowers ahd the lovely dry stone wall as a back drop.
wishing you and yours a joyful easter break xxx
sumea
Beautiful garden pictures, My garden also needs some attention!. The school pictures look so nice. I think the kids had a great day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter,
Suzanne xxx
Our kiddies only finished school yesterday also so we are getting all the crafting stuff out now to play with :-) Hope you have a fab Easter even if it is a bit quieter than normal.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, what a lovely Eastery post - can you tell me how you dyed those eggs - they're very lovely indeed! Thanks for the snaps of your spring flowers - they'e cheered me no end this afternoon. Have a lovely time over the next few days
ReplyDeleteEmma
x
Lyn, I'm in love with your beautiful garden!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a restful weekend and a happy Easter!
xxxx
Hi Lyn, your spring garden flowers look lovely. The dyed eggs are great - Hope you have a super Easter weekend:)
ReplyDeleteHello Lovely Lyn !
ReplyDeleteLike you. I've worked right up to Easter, and find I'm not prepared - I've not even got an egg to celebrate giving up chocolate for Lent (I gave up crisps and chips too this year, I can't wait to get some chip shop chips, it's going to be great!) Have a Happy Easter,and take everyone's advice - have a rest! x
lovely garden photo's!
ReplyDeleteJosie x