
Did you see The edible garden on Wednesday? I have not seen them all, but I really enjoyed this weeks all about fruit. They also did some printing using leaves and flowers. The technique is called Hapa-zome. well worth trying to catch it.
The pressie I got with my birthday money arrived today.
I love it, it is a beautiful book.
The 1940's weekend is May 15th and 16th and lets hope the sun comes back for that.
Now reasons for not crafting (excuses)-
1.Busy at school with up coming orders for next year and reports.
2.Guilt that I should be doing something in the garden. Go outside and 'potter' but don't do much out there either.
3.Been out gallivanting on day's out with Hubby.
4. Plans are afoot that mean the house needs a tidy up/clear out. (more about that later).
5. MAIN REASON (excuse) I can't 'do' anything is my so called craft room and the spare bedroom are VERY,VERY messy. I am such a hoarder and keep far too much stuff on the pretence it will "come in handy for something one day".

Now I know that here in Blogworld we all like to imagine all our fellow blogger's houses spick and span, clean and tidy with our favourite chair waiting with a plumped up crocheted cushion on it, a book by the side and some neat little crafting bag just waiting for the owner to pick up again. Well sorry It ain't like that here!!!!
Piles of books and magazines, bags of unfinished work, wool, felt, paper, paints, etc all over the place.

1. The mess the building work will make.
2.The disruption it will cause.
3. I have to move some of my well established plants and I am not sure it's a good idea to try and move some old roses but I have to give it a try.
4. I will have to put into storage most of my 'stuff' which means little or no crafting for months on end.
The upside is I get a workroom, we get a larger kitchen and an en suite in the bedroom.
It's not going to be pretty! So please bear with me on this one. It may get messy, it may get tearful, it may be boring you to tears but keep thinking of the workroom!
So for the moment we are in the planning stage. An architect friend is coming bank holiday monday to measure up and before then we have to give the house a bit of a tidy. We will be going out for the day Sunday and it's the village gala on Monday so if I get chance I will pop down and join in the fun.
Have a good Bank Holiday Weekend everyone.
I would gladly trade some of your rain for a wee bit of our sunshine.
ReplyDeleteThat program is not available here but I can well imagine her wonderful sharing of tips.
I try to use as much as I can from my organic garden... this morning I made violet jelly.
Enjoy the weekend.
Susan x
So you're not going to your 40s'weekend? Boo-hoo||| Hope you have some sunshine asap!
ReplyDeletexxx
I have watched the edible garden avidly! I loved the printing leaves and flowers on fabric bit. I can't really see how it works but want to give it a 'bash' myself in the autumn! I hope you have a lovely albeit wet weekend. It has been rotten here today and I hope the slugs and snails don't eat away all my hard work! x
ReplyDeleteYour messy craftroom looks a lot tidier than my messy craft room!
ReplyDeleteLove Kathy xxx
Well how funny..did you see my post today? Spick and span? I wish. Its tidy now but still....
ReplyDeleteAs for th e gardening...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAnd now I've had more coffee I can speel beterer!! I'm not going to contemplate even commenting on the state of my work areas! How exciting to have a place just for you though. We'll all be here for the tears and the joy at the end!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I cannot see the garden program, it seems very interesting.
ReplyDeleteLucky you here! A craft room, I wish you luck with the renovations and lots of fun decorating the new rooms!
Suzanne xxx
Your extension sounds like its going to be fab. I think, if truth be told, most of us blogger live in such creative chaos as your own! Suns back out here - but its cold!! Enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend. xxx
ReplyDeleteso so glad someone else has the hording tendancies I do. I have bits of paper everywhere with 'useful' information on them :-) ohh how exciting, a craft room, oh how I dream of having my own little space. The edible garden is fab !
ReplyDeleteIt makes all ok to pop over and hear that all is NOT neat and tidy! It's not here either, a lot of the time. A new craft room sounds very exciting! Look forward to hearing more about its progress. Enjoy the weekend, Ros
ReplyDeleteUntidiness is a sign of creativity! But a craft room all of your very own would be brill wouldn't it!
ReplyDeletehello x
ReplyDeletefirstly *thank you* for putting the rescue sheep raffle button on your blog xxx
.. but most of all ...
thank goodness you have a messy workroom too :)
mine is constantly in a heap!
t x
I don't think I have been over to you befgore - not sure why since you have visited me I know. Thanks for your comment today and now that I'm here I will be adding you to my list to follow as I like what I see! Good luck with the new workroom - it will be worth it in the end although the upheaval will be hard I know. I think it is impossible to be tidy when being creative I know once I get going I have stuff all over the place!
ReplyDeleteJane
Very gray here today, across the pond...I think you will find renovation will be well worth the trauma.
ReplyDeleteDon't "they" say, "pain's memory is short"? Having gone through it in the kitchen 2+ months, five years ago, I can say I don't remember a thing! Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you come again soon...I am a total anglophile!
Other people's clutter always looks more attractive than your own! Your pile of magazines against that bird design looks good to me! I know how hard it is though seriously not to be distracted by mess - I made a real effort a few weeks ago to always keep the kitchen tidy(ish) as it's where I work, and that's helped. I just take excess clutter upstairs and spread it around a bit! I'm sure your room will be well worth the wait. xx
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain! I am about to get a workroom myself if everything goes according to plan, but in the meantime, I am forced to live in a tidy house (as in showhome standard clean) for at least the next few weeks. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIt is so comforting to know I am not the only one who has piles of unfinished work, magazines,wool, felt etc all over the place. I got a studio in the garden for my 50th last year, its great but sofar I am still sorting all the mess from the house gradually into it. Now I have an orderly mess . Go for it, it will be worth it in the end.
ReplyDeleteA work room of your own! How exciting! As for reason number 5...SNAP!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wallpaper help and wow just do lots of reseach and planning for how it will look and the time will fly by and then you'll have a great space to play in..wonderful
ReplyDeleteGo for it exciting times ahead
Hugs Suz x
I can only see, "my (Blue/Grey)eyes have turned green with envy," LOL!
ReplyDeleteLucky you! We can wait a bit for your wonderful creations...
Hi loving your art work and your home and lots of lovely furry things fabulous....as you already know l agree with the messy craft room being over whelming and an unusable space hehe
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the tidy up hard to do as it eats into crafting time hey?
Hugs Suz x