Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Sunshine and Pimms


Yes we had sunshine this summer.

The Swan Hotel, Newby Bridge
A summer that had lots of rain early on and we thought the sun would not be putting in an appearance this year....but it has.
Fell Foot Park
We have been lucky. It came out to play when we went to stay in the Lakes one weekend.
Panorama at Grange over Sands


Hazelmere Cafe and Bakery, Grange









Pimms at the Swan
And it also made an appearance when we walked on Ilkley Moor last weekend.
Manor House Museum, Ilkley
First we walked around Ilkley.

And what a lovely place it is.
Then we drove up to the Cow and Calf Rocks.






Yes we have been lucky.

29 comments:

  1. That cafe and bakery looks wonderful! Was you tempted to buy?!!! I think you have had some lovely days out this summer Lyn and made some great memories to tide you over the coming months. Thank you for sharing your inspiring photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos of some really lovely places. The bakery looks great, as does the Pimms!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of the daisies with the boats in the background and wouldn't say no to a Pimms!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Glorious. I'm so glad the sun shone somewhere in the north of England. We're still waiting for our turn. Maybe next week.
    Cheers Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its nice of you to share those photos of where you've gone to. Its an amazing place. The shots are rally gorgeous. What a perfect summer for you.
    pet supplies online australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, luvverly summery pictures. And now I'm craving a Pimms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been lucky, great places, fabulous photos.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always seem to be within a short distance of one another. We have a caravan 5 mins from the Swan and I have a stall once a month at Art On the Prom in Grange and can be seen diving in and out of Haslemere bakery with bags full of cakes and goodies. We may even have bumped into each other before now.
    Hebden Bridge next stop.
    Lynn from Whitworth -:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyn, pop over to mine blog, when you get a moment, i think we could have been on a very similar day out!! hehe...
    Would have been lovely to have bumped into you!
    loVe Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right, we have been lucky, at least the best of the weather happened during the six week summer holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely pictures, and what a nice day you must have had. I didn't have the chance to go on vacation and I'm dying to visit new places, so I totally drooled over this post. I also saw yor paintings, and they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with the world!!!! You need to publish a travelogue book!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos, so many of these look like familiar territory from trips over the years. Beautiful views and always even more lovely with a bit of blue sky! Pimms looks pretty good too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks better bathed in sunshine! I am glad you had your share this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely photo's, Ilkley Moor looks beautiful..... I'll be singing the song all day now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what another beautiful place you have found, your photos are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning area you live in! Glad it was dry and sunny for your outings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, lovely pictures - and potted shrimps too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous photographs! And of course a summer without Pimms just isn't summer. I took a bottle with us to France ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic photos Lyn....every one a gem.
    Pimms and shrimps look particularly yummy.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice photos. I can't think of anywhere nicer than the Lake District when the sun is shining - so long as there aren't too many people around,

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous place - it looks so relaxing and inviting 'ahhhhh' big sigh.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhhh what great pictures. Mmmm and pimms to... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the potted shrimps! And pimms too!!
    Wonderful photos as always! I fell in love with the cafe and the bakery :)
    Annalisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good day Lyn! Firstly, what a wonderful 'header'! Look at that expanse!
    It was good to hear that the UK got some sunshine because we had heard that it was a wet summer over there.
    The Grange Over Sands and the Lakes, Newby Bridge and Ilkley look to be a beautiful spots. Thanks for sharing your visit with. I feel like I've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm glad you managed some good weather for your days out.
    That E. Douglas of Hunslet has carved his/her name in the rock very neatly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi I've just popped over from Down by the Sea and enjoyed reading your posts. Have just become a follower.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want to get on a plane right now and go to Ilkey Moor - it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great day out. Sometimes you can rely on the sun :-)

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****