On our final day in North Wales we had booked to go on the train from Llanberis up to the summit of Snowdon on the Snowdon Mountain Railway.
The morning did not look promising but we had booked to go on the 2.30pm train and hoped the weather would improve by then.
We arrived with plenty of time before our departure so walked around the lake and had some lunch.
and indeed the weather was getting better as the afternoon arrived.
Our train arrived and we squeezed on board.
8 people to a cabin it was a bit squashed in there I can tell you.
We were in the middle of the cabin going up and coming back down so I had to lean in front of people both sides to take any photos.
We climbed higher and higher.
It takes just under 1 hour to reach the summit.
and what a view!
Hats off to those that walk it!
It was breath-taking
Before we knew it and all too soon it was time to head back to the train to go down again.
down, down, down
past the waterfall
back to the station.
back down to earth.
Wow! Looks like you had a great time, the pictures are amazing! A place i v.much want to visit.
ReplyDeletexxx
Having lived on Anglesey and seen Snowdonia on a regular basis I have never been on the train that takes you to the top! It looks spectacular. I must do this little trip when next at my parents house! Thanks ever so much for sharing. I have loved all the posts about your trip!
ReplyDeleteJune
What a spectacular trip! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the weather improved for you before your reached the summit to experience those amazing views. We took the train when we went too afterwards I wished we had walked one way so we could have had both experiences.
ReplyDeleteSarah x
Wonderful pictures. Glad the weather was clear at the top.
ReplyDeletewow the views are stunning! I want to walk up it one day but I'll probably take the train down!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun thing to do, and what a view fantacic.
ReplyDeleteWow, the scenery is gorgeous, great post!
ReplyDeletebeautiful views! We walked up it about 12 years ago and were lucky to have lovely blue skies but actually from the top there was a kind of heat haze that made everything look a bit misty - you had really great visibility, lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! You ARE nearer to heaven here! The skies in these pictures are so dynamic. How invigorating!
ReplyDeleteIt's great isn't it, up there? We did that trip in June and like you I found the carriages quite cramped as we sat in the middle going up but luckily, as the guard asked people to swap seats on the way down, against a window on the way back but it was worth it as the views up there were tremendous. Glad you had good visibility too:)
ReplyDeleteOh boy, you won't get me up there!
ReplyDeleteWow - fab photos. I climbed Snowdon in my school shoes when I was nine years old! Not been back since but would love to go up on the train. Thanks for sharing. x Jo
ReplyDeleteA tremendous day! Great views and pics. DJ says you can take the train up and ride your bike down. His bike, I say! I'll take the train. People can be a bit "precious" about seats on trains and coaches etc. Must admit I'm tenacious about a window seat. We booked with a bus trip to Blackpool last week and I was amazed to be awarded the two front window seats. Then it was cancelled for lack of support and I realised why I'd got them!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers Gillian
It looks wonderful Lyn. It never fails to amaze me when I see other peoples photos how beautiful our country is.Sometimes you dont always appreciate what is on your own doorstep.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photographs, they brought back many happy memories of holidays in the area.
ReplyDeleteWe did that train journey a couple of years ago. Your pictures are fab.
ReplyDeleteOh Lyn, what a glorious post! Those photos are breathtaking. It makes you realise just how high up you are. "Nearer to heaven" - I like that. And that "friendly advice" notice made me laugh - imagine being stranded up there! I expect it's a bit windy! x
ReplyDeleteIncredible!! What an amazing view-- you had a wonderful trip and your photos are outstanding. Can I just say Wow!! I'd love to be at the top of that mountain!
ReplyDeleteVicki
Stunning photos Lyn! I am not a great fan of heights so I would probably have to sit down! I never knew you could get a train up to the mountain. x
ReplyDelete