Another day out in our second week off work was to Lyme Park in Cheshire.
No photos inside at this property though
so my photos are from the garden and the orangery.
Of course many people will recognise it as Pemberley in the BBC production of Price and Prejudice
![]() |
| Photo from BBC here |
I have to say the National Trust do know how to do things well. As we entered the gate to the park we were stopped and handed a CD and told to play it as we drove along the mile long drive to the house (and car park) it was an introduction to the property in the way of letters read by an actress playing the daughter of the owner returning in 1946. It just put you in the mood and gave you a little bit of background. (there is also a family quiz and some period music for you to enjoy on your journey home!)
I have a new toy!
Still all very new to me, a jump from my trusty point and shoot compact camera to a bridge camera...it is many, many years since I studied Photography on my Art Foundation Course and things have come a long way in technology.
It does great close up shots but I need to do lots of playing before I am completely happy with the results.
these photos were taken throughout the week
We have been taken over by Olympic Fever here (we loved the opening ceremony on the BBC)
All those Gold medals for Team GB are just fantastic!
Lucy went to the vets for blood tests this morning
She is OK, just getting old....like us all!
I went to visit my mum yesterday and while I was there I took some photos in her garden.
I didn't grow any dahlias this year but my mum has some beauties!

How exciting to visit places where some of our favorite films from our favorite books have been made. You will love your new camera. I can see that you are already practicing. How old is Lucy? We have two old cats, both 15. Jasmine is so thin. She has hypothyroidism. The other old cat is a bit hardier, but it is hard to watch our little friends grow old. Have a wonderful week end.
ReplyDeleteOoh, Mr DArcey and the lake at Pemberley...I will always love that BBC drama!
ReplyDeleteYour new camera looks fun - some great shots already! I wish I knew what I was doing with my camera, i have a canon EOS 1000D and leave it on "auto-setting-without-the-flash" most of the time...I need to go on a course or something.
I can see that you are loving experimenting with your new camera. I have been thinking of getting a new one as although my current camera is not too bad I feel that I have dropped it once too often and the quality of the images are not as good as when the camera was new some 4 years ago. Maybe, I'll ask Father Christmas for one! Love the cat photos and the flower close ups. Your new header - fantastic!
ReplyDeleteJune
Looks like you're doing well with your new camera already. Love dahlias.
ReplyDeleteMore great photo's!, i love your new toy! i think i need to invest in one as my little camera i have now isn't very good. You seem to be taking lovely photo's already with it too:).
ReplyDeleteLucy is beautiful, Tibby isnt interested in the olympics much either ;) lol.
Vanessa
xxx
Wonderful Lyn. I am liking your new header too! I do like the picture of Lucy with her tongue hanging out. Her tongue is the same shade of pink as the Dahlia picture beneath her! I think the Dahlia should be renamed Lucy's tongue! x
ReplyDeleteHi Lyn,
ReplyDeleteYour photographs from your new camera are amazing especially the one of Lucy.
Sarah x
You have taken some lovely pics with your new camera. It looks like an updated version of the one I use..and enjoy. I did love Colin Firth as Mr D'Arcy and also in the Bridget Jones movies...and Love Actually!
ReplyDeleteFabulous pictures, that header is amazing. I know nothing about the TV series but the proportions of the house are beautiful aren't they?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy learning about your camera, it looks very robust.
I love your days out. And your new camera!
ReplyDeleteOOOOOOO Colin, and a new camera. I love Lyme Park. We could always get the kids to go there as it had 3 Play areas!!!
ReplyDeleteThat camera looks fun! The photos are all really lovely. I did a photography art course but still needed a point and shoot model, so got a Lumix. I love doing close-ups too but mine are often luck as much as anything.
ReplyDeleteCheers Gillian
Enjoy your new camera. I went from a point and shoot to a bridge before deciding to learn how to use a DSLR. I love the versatility of having each to choose from depending on where I'm going and how much kit I want to carry.
ReplyDelete