Tuesday, 17 April 2012

bit of this


and a bit of that.
So where was I?

That's right, the second week of my Easter break.

My friend Shan came over and we walked around Hebden Bridge.
We just had to drop in for lunch at the 1940's cafe above Feathergills Emporium.


It was excellent (we were on a reconnaissance mission Diane!)
well worth a trip!


I think I embarrassed Shan when I kept singing along to the wireless!
then on Thursday we did a photo shoot of Shan's pretty makes.

Then after a couple of lovely days, off Shan went back home on the train.

but that night Hubby informed me he and I were off to Cambridge as a birthday treat!
The sign on the wall said 'please do not lean bicycles against the wall'
It is a lovely place
and I took lots and lots of photos!

I will just show you a handful though



Fitzbillies








Henry VIII above the Great Gate, Trinity College
Henry the Eighth holds a chair leg put there as a student prank many years ago.




We had a lovely break and I would also like to thank all of you who sent Birthday wishes

I received lots of cards and presents and had a lovely day yesterday finished off with a take away pizza for tea and a nice glass of red wine.

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures-they brought back so many good memories! My husband was sent to England on business in 1990 and our (then) young children and I were able to travel with him. While he was working one day at Cambridge, the kids and I spent the day walking around sightseeing and having fun. It was a special time for us and my husband and I hope we can come back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have had some lovely days out Lyn! I would absolutely love to visit that tea room. I never seem to do anything special! Shan is very talented and has she thought any more about having a blog yet? The don't lean bicycles against the wall sign would do well to be moved to eye level! I am glad that you had a lovely Birthday week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of that 1940s cafe. What a fabulous trip you had as a birthday treat. Happy birthday wishes to you.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like my ideal day out! What a lovely blog you have...thanks for finding me so I could find you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed your birthday! Belated happy birthday wishes - looks like you had a super time in Cambridge - one of my favourite places:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Lyn, Cambridge looks so wonderful, Hubby has some brilliant ideas, doesn't he?! The 1940s tea-room at Hebden Bridge and the staff there were great weren't they? You were in your element! I've just downloaded all the pics you sent, you've done such a brilliant job on them - thank you so much! Extra pumpkin fritters for you by way of thanks next time I think! I hope that lovely birthday feeling lasts all week for you. Much love as ever. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday~! i hope your whole year is as wonderful as your birthday adventure was.

    i think you live such a romantic life~!
    loved seeing the sheep/lambs in your previous posts. looks to be some beautiful places to take walks/hikes~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last post didn't make sense. Left out a word. What I tried to write: Oh, Lyn I have no words, only a Long Deep Sigh. I loved your pictures.

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a lovely birthday, I just love Cambridge your photos were a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now youve got me giddy for the 1940's cafe! What alovely lovely post Lyn. Fabulous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!
    Hey! I recognise that wall... Oh you're on my home patch ;-) I'm so pleased you had a lovely time in Cambridge. Did you go into Fitzbillies and buy a Chelsea Bun? It's so lovely that Tim has saved Fitzbillies from the scrap heap and made into the best place to eat in Cambridge :-)

    Celia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday. Looks like you had a lovely day both times!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a marvellous birthday and I am so glad. I hope that it keeps your buoyed up until the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos, I always think we should make time to visit Hebden Bridge when we are up north and oddly, I've just booked a hotel (less than five minutes ago) in Cambridge as we have a Wedding there this summer, held in one of the college gardens - can't wait! Beth (the linen cat)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh that cafe looks lovely. Hope you had a lovely Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there! Belated birthday wishes are in order. It looks as though you had a lovely time. Cambridge is a lovely city, isn't it? Ros

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Lyn,

    A belated Happy Birthday with all kind of good wishes for you!
    Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures again, wow!
    Your header is so beautiful too ...

    Have a nice week & greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Lyn, I love the look of that cafe, so cute!
    The picture of the bikes made me smile. :0)
    A belated Happy Birthday to you...

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****