On the second day of my little holiday away with my mum the sun came out....see previous post!
We drove along the coast to Conwy.
With it's impressive castle sitting on the River Conwy it is a pretty place to visit.
A medieval walled town with the castle built between 1283 and 1289.
Aberconwy House owned by the National Trust is an Elizabethan Town House which stands in the high street.
Boats at the quay
The Smallest House.
| Mussel sculpture by Graeme Mitcheson |
| Plas Mawr |
It was closed so we couldn't look inside....maybe next time.
So that was the end of our day in Conwy.
The weather turned nasty during that night and the wind and hail drove us home earlier than planned next day.
And there was snow waiting for me when I did arrive home!


Thank you for taking me along on your excursion!
ReplyDeleteSuch bizarre weather! Lovely photos as ever though, that little seagull made me laugh with his feathers being ruffled by the wind and the mussel sculpture is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Glad to see the weather gave you such a nice day - that snow was a right shock. I couldnt believe I had been sunbathing in my cozzie the week before! You got some great photos. xxx
ReplyDeleteLook great.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful buildings ( I would love to see inside the smallest house) and mussel sculpture. I like the 'Beware! Pirates' poster on the notice board. Did you happen to see any?!!! x
ReplyDeleteI could have been there with you, fab pictures.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY EASTER!
Lou xxx
Wonderful pictures!! Makes me want to visit those places! You have a real flair for photography!
ReplyDeleteYou must be having a lovely time with your mother. I need to have a map of England handy when I ready your blog to that I know where you are. I love your pictures. It's nice of you to share your time with us.
ReplyDeleteI love you pictures beside the sea at Conwyn . I remember visiting the castle as a child, but don't remember anything of the town,it looks lovely. Sorry your break was cut short. Have a good Easter.
ReplyDeleteSarah
Wonderful pictures, I'd love to visit Conwy one day. Really love all your photos!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to wish you and your family Happy Easter,
Love
Annalisa
xx
Lovely photos, Conwy is a great place.
ReplyDeleteTwiggy
Ah fond memories. My children loved the smallest house when they were little...they aren't little anymore:) I remember once almost getting blown away on the castle heights from the wind. I was hanging on for dear life LOL.
ReplyDeleteLots of memories both of my childhood and more recently in your last two posts. I remember being taken into the smallest house when I was a child - there was a lady inside or near the door in a cloak and hat - welsh costume I think. I love both Conwy and Llandudno:)
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting place it is. I've not been there but I should like to visit one day. Thanks for taking us along with you.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos. What a change in the weather when you got home!
ReplyDelete