Sunday, 22 April 2012

Sunshine and Showers


Warning this is a mixed up kind of post with lots of random things........
It has been a long first week back at school.
It is Earth Day on Sunday 22nd April.
In celebration we decided to plant some trees to create a woodland on the edge of our school playing field.
School playing field...rather wet!
Of course it was a very wet miserable day on Friday

We got five of the 75 trees into the ground

They were donated by the Earth Restoration Service 25 each of English Oak, Small leaf Lime and Rowan.
But after five we were driven in by the rain.

Last weekend Hubby and I had better weather and did a tidy in the garden.
We washed the cold greenhouse and I replanted my Agave that had had babies.



We have a great show of tulips this year, mainly in pots.
 Remember this post when I got a bargain bag of tulip bulbs for £1 at the Christmas Market in Manchester?






And today the April Showers returned and I planted the potatoes in between the rain and dry spells.


Oh and I went to see my mum yesterday

Toffee after a treat
And Toffee of course.
More rain!

The above tree stands in a field just outside Hebden Bridge. I stopped to take a photo of it after I dropped Shan off at the station (look it was sunny!!)

Afternoon tea anyone?
My birthday flowers from a friend


Scary clouds!


Sorry if this is a bit muddled....like my head at the moment to be honest and sorry I have not been to visit all your lovely blogs recently......I will pop over soon I promise.

10 comments:

  1. Not at all muddled, a lovely post! Your tulips are beautiful. Spring flowers are my favourite and my tulips were a real disappointment this year. That vintage tea set is so pretty, especially on that embroidered tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do with the children planting all those trees, and I think I will will have some afternoon tea please, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muddled is good. The bargain bulbs were quite showy and worth it. Having the school plant trees is a great idea to nurture their love of nature. I think I like the rainbow picture the best. When does your school session end? I am almost done. This week and next. Need a break. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely springtime post, things really are looking good now aren't they. We are enjoying sunshine and showers that make the garden look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Cup of tea? Think I will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super photos! I see the lovely Lucy was helping you in the garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your £1 bought you a great deal of beauty, well done! Your birthday flowers were lovely, weren't they? Not at all muddled, eclectic is a good way of describing it, lots of things to interest. Enjoy planting the rest of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely photos, expecially those of the countryside - Earth Day? What on 'earth' is that, har, har! Surely, St George's Day on the 23rd (and dear old Will Shakespeare's birthday) is sufficient for one week? There's a blimmin' day for everything now (says she, old miseryguts!) Can't we just plant trees? Do we have to do it because a day is dedicated to the earth? I've never heard of it - it didn't even pop up on MSN!
    Seriously, planting trees is a Good Thing. Well done you and the little 'uns.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super variety of photographs. I enjoyed each and every one of them, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Lyn! I have just found your blog and have so enjoyed my visit, reading and seeing your pictures. I am from Yorkshire - the coal field area that was - and I have also been TA in a Reception class for 17 years, not far from Rochdale. I haven't tried to sew with a cat on my knee, but I have with a dog ..... I agree it doesn't work! I love your little clip picture from Anne of Green Gables ..... and Yes Lyn ..... I do think we are kindred spirits :0) and I shall be visiting you very often ..... so let's have a Yorkshire cuppa together in the future days :0)
    Enjoy your week
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****