Saturday, 14 April 2012

catch up


Where did the Easter holiday go?

I have had such a jam packed two weeks but sadly have to go back to work on Monday.

Back to work on my BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Well as you know the holiday started with a few days away with my mum in North Wales.

On the Thursday it was a glorious day and the sun came out and I went out for the day to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park with two friends.
We went to see the Joan Miro Exhibition.

But first we had a lovely walk around the park.

I love the Camellia House and they were at their best.




Then it was Easter Weekend and we went to visit my Mother in Law in Shropshire.

The weather could not of been more different. We had sleet and hail and rain and grey skies.

We managed to visit Preen Manor Garden.

Opened for the NGS.


cup of tea in Beryl Ware
A beautiful garden (must go back when it's better weather) and a cup of tea and slice of cake is welcome in the old stable block.

So....... I had a lovely time with my friend Shan during the second week and then a surprise weekend away to tell you about but I will leave that for another post.

17 comments:

  1. Belated birthday wishes! As always you bring us stunning tours around your brilliant region. Beautiful views and the sheep of last post is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a wonderful birthday tomorrow Lyn, hope its a special day even though it is back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really nice aster break though. I am wondering 'where has the year gone' !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops!! Sent too quick, hope you have a very Happy Birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a lovely time and for fitting me into a packed Easter break. Happy Birthday K.S.! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. some beautiful pictures here, you go to lovely places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a lovely time - I went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park when my second son was seven - I was a parent volunteer. didnt put me off as im a teacher now!!

    Hope you have a lovely birthday.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - those are some beautiful photos going on here - you really capture the essence of Spring! Hope you had a lovely birthday - tis mine soon too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I wish I was there with you! Such beautiful photos, such beautiful places to visit! Did I miss your birthday! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!! I have enjoyed seeing where you have been on your Easter break. I have been mostly ironing and doing mundane chores so it was nice to come and see what you have been up to! Thank you for the positive vibes you sent me on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, I hope you do something special for dinner. Love the pictures, I should love to see those things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, only the best people are born in April (can you guess mine is coming up?) Your pictures are gorgeous, wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have fallen behind in my blogging, so I missed your walk on the heaths, a walk that I truly want to take one day. My friend and I have nearly abandoned plans for travel to the UK this spring. Too much of life gets in our way. So, I will just have enjoy your lovely photos that keep me inspired. We may still throw something together for end of summer. I have joked by telling her that we should quite our jobs and travel in September. We are both borderline thinking that it is time to retire, but then----. Anyway. we have a new grandbaby coming in June and with the Olympics mid summer, Sharron and I just haven't been able to plan for this year. I love your photos and I am so glad that you share them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful, glad i came across your blog, miles away:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful photographs, your post is really uplifting and I'm inspired to get out into the garden or maybe just have some tea and cake. Happy Birthday, hope being back at work is tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you had a lovely one, even though you had to go back to work. Lovely photos again, the shots of cake and tea always make me smile, I laughed myself silly when organising my own iPhoto albums the other day as I realised how often I take photos of food, says a lot about me I guess :-) Bethx

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****