
Remember this post? Well that featured my imaginary magazine 'Everyday Life' July/August edition. So I thought it would be fun to do a September/October issue.
As you can see by the magazine cover I have finished my ripple cushion cover!


Now all I have to do is work out how I make these two granny square panels into a cushion cover? Any ideas on how to do the opening/fastening? should I do buttons like the one above only on the edge? any ideas most welcome!
I'm sorry I can't help you with your crochet!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great magazine! Where can I buy it? ;-)
You make me laugh with your mosaics and magazine covers!! I think the 2 girlies in a previous post over at mine could easily make "page 3" with the wonderful cleavages - what so you think? I love the ripple cushion - not something that I have mastered yet. xxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteI would make 2 cushions...make 2 sep cushion covers with say a vintage red floral and stitch the crochet panels to the front xx
Maybe with a button in the middle?
Samx
What a great magazine cover! I would love to have a peek inside! Your ripple cushion cover looks great too! x
ReplyDeleteGreat mag cover, have you written all the articles as well??
ReplyDeleteI like Gingerwine's idea, or else you could line them with a green fabric slightly bigger on one side to put a zipper in.
Cheers
Hi Lyn,
ReplyDeleteFirstly, thank you so much for my award!! You're very kind!
Remember my bright granny square cushion - well, I crocheted the edges together! I crocheted along three sides with right sides together, then turned it out the right way, put the cushion pad in and then carried on crocheting it together until finished. I then thread the loose end so that it can be retrieved and undone, should the cover need to be removed for washing - essential around here as naughty cat number 1 thinks that all cushions, blankets etc., are for his purposes!!
I'm sure your magazine would fly off the shelves - oh, those autumn leaves...I hope we can squeeze a little more out of summer!
Rebecca x
...or stack the two pieces one on top of the other, and use a lovely ribbon to weave in and out of the crochet, around three edges, insert the pillow, continue weaving along the last edge. And end with a small, neat bow midway along the last edge. If it needed to be laundered, you could simply take the ribbon out, wash and re-weave.
ReplyDeleteLove your magazine cover idea, and wonder, like others, if you have the articles ready to go!
love the little ripple cushion cover - as for the granny squares maybe Lucy at Attic 24 could help ?
ReplyDeleteHi Lyn. I love your magazine cover...that's so clever...and attractive! I would agree with Flower Girl or Karen about either crocheting or ribbon-weaving the edges together, so that if the pillow needed laundering you could undo it easily. On the other hand, if it were in my house, my cats' dietary indiscretions usually soak right through, so the whole thing would need to get tossed in the wash...
ReplyDeleteLove the magazine cover and your crochet cushion cover is very pretty:)
ReplyDeleteThat is so creative making your own magazine cover, very inspiring will have to put it on my to do list! Do you teach IT by any chance!
ReplyDeleteHeather x