Saturday, 11 July 2009

mosaic mad!

I have discovered how to make mosaic pictures thanks to Vanessa at 'Do you mind if I knit' She told us how easy it is if you pop over to Big Huge Labs and download your pics-so I did!

The one above is a mosaic of Lucy over the past year. She's such a spoilt little girl!


Then these are some of the flowers in our garden at the moment.

Brill isn't it? I love it-OK, many of you already do mosaics but think back to the first time you created one and that's how I am feeling today!!! Sad I know, I should get a life!

Anyway today we popped over to Holmfirth to visit the Arts Week on its last day. The quality is fabulous!!! It did make me want to come home and get creative, so I made some corsages and photo mosaics.



Holmfirth is where they film Last Of the Summer Wine. The Civic Hall is a large community space and in one of the charity shop windows I found this lovely outfit. The Designer Julie Taylor makes Vintage style clothes using other clothes and from scratch. They are lovely to look at and this photo does not do it justice I am afraid. She has some things on http://www.moaningminnie.etsy.com/

We are going to be out and about tomorrow too so I will do another post tomorrow. Meanwhile here is something else you can play with on Big Huge Labs.


I always wanted to be on the front cover of a magazine!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn!
    Congratulations on your cover!
    And thank you for sharing the link about mosaic picture...I am not able and feel terribly shy to ask somebody else how to do...
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I want to buy that magazine!!!!! Or visit that garden.

    Does look fun doesn't it. Waiting for the photo's of the corsages you made :0)

    I have a pink trug behind me full of paper work that I have actually sorted out today!

    So I have made a start!

    My bag had been admired, and someone has asked me to make them one!

    I'll post back your needles on Monday along with a little thank you.

    Colette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to do mosaics for ages and thought that I may have missed something really simple ~ I will try your Big Huge Labs link asap. It also took me ages to be able to put more than one photo in each post too! Love all those mosaics, in particular the magazine cover and can't wait to try it out. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for this Lyn it looks like great fun! I always wondered how to do the mosaic photos too! I love the look of Moaning Minnie's hats - they are very pretty but would not do justice on my head!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your magazine.....the ones I've done have been too rude to publish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the mosaic pics look great, I've seen them on lots of blogs and wondered how to do them, thanks for the link!
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****