Monday, 3 August 2009

Are you still awake?


Hope I have not bored you all to sleep?

While on holiday we called it the most lovely shop called 'Parsley and Thyme'. It is at a small cross roads outside New Quay, I hope they are a success, they opened in March and have had a good season but lots of shops don't make it through the winter when all the holiday makers go home. I hope this one works out as the lady who owns it was very friendly and I loved the stock she had. A lot of the things looked handmade and I bought a floral cushion cover from her, she wrapped it up in tissue paper and tied it with a ribbon so it looked like a little present just for me!


New Quay is such a lovely place. Dylan Thomas stayed here with his wife and children for a while and there is a Dylan Thomas Trail. The film Edge of Love with Keira Knightley was filmed here and is about the time they stayed in New Quay.

The houses I use to paint or draw when I was a child always had four windows-two up, two down with a door in the middle, a garden and an apple tree and a chimney in the centre of the roof.

The architecture in West Wales fits these memories of my early artistic efforts and although we once lived in a tiny country cottage for 8 months I know they are not for me, I still love the idea of them and dress them up in my mind and in the dead of night when I can not sleep, I decorate, furnish and live in these cottages.



I will post again later today to let you see what goodies I got from my holidays and my ideas for them.


3 comments:

  1. Lot of poetry in your pictures! Thank you for sharing! We're always too much curious about shopping.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could we be bored seeing the beautiful Wales and the Dylan Thomas trail with that 'fishing-boat-bobbing sea!'
    Cal x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    This brings back memories for me as, when I was younger, I youth hostelled in the New Quay area.
    Lovely photos!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****