Tuesday, 24 October 2017

September

When Halifax Piece Hall re-opened after a refurbishment they put on a week long Grand Show. On one evening we were lucky enough to get free tickets to see The Enchanted Chandelier.

We arrived nice and early....









It was spectacular!


I can't seem to get this to work sorry....and I can't remove it either, shame as it was a little video of the enchanted chandelier.
 We also went to a local Vintage Fair 

 Lancaster fly past























What else did we do in September?


I made a damson cake with damsons my mum had foraged for me while walking the dog.

 We have worked hard in the garden....with help from the cats!


we found a large nest blown out of the trees at the top of the garden

















ANGRY!



Top of the garden
 The lawn is down and we will plant up borders in the spring



 I met up with two old friends and we went to a Gin Festival and a mooch around Saltaire.

The three 'Ls'












It was lovely catching up and they stayed the night at our house so we could talk and reminisce all evening!

We said goodbye to a work colleague and friend as she was leaving to get married and start a new life.




and we said happy birthday to another!

 For Heritage Open weekend we visited the old Gaol and a private military museum.





 and finally, I took my mum to see Cilla the Musical at the Liverpool Empire. It was excellent!









Phew.....and that my friends was September!

6 comments:

  1. What exciting visits you have to places - I am not far from Halifax and I hadn't even heard about the week of entertainment. Your video worked for me by the way. All your pictures are really good I could comment on everyone. Where were the umbrellas and the old greenhouse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The umbrellas are in Liverpool near the old Bluecoats school and the old greenhouse was on the allotments at Saltaire! xx

      Delete
  2. So many lovely things to see, Lynda. Happy Birthday! Your kitties are beautiful and getting so big. I love seeing the places you have visited, your flowers and the wonderful vintage fair. As always, thank you for sharing your busy and colorful life! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your video worked and was brilliant. What a fantastic evening, as were all your outings. So many interesting places to visit. Congratulations on the garden progress. I wonder where you found the time. And now October is all but gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. September looked wonderful and.....you really suit a hat Lyn! x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****