Tuesday, 3 December 2013

still waiting......

Yes we are still waiting and now it is December.

 Back in November we went to the Shibden Hall Craft Fair 


 A lovely hot chocolate and cake from the pink campervan called Lulabelle!








I have to say it wasn't as busy as last year, and not as many stalls but what was there was very good.
One wet, dull day Hubby and I went for a walk from Delph in Saddleworth.
 Hubby grew up there and even now the locals think themselves Yorkshire although since 1974 it has come under Oldham and so in Lancashire.

 We walked up the footpath along the valley. Past a still working small woollen mill (another reason they say hear-about, that they belong in Yorkshire)










 Looking back along the misty valley where we had just walked.
 And back to Delph via the main road
 In the greenhouse at home my poor neglected olive tree has fruit....just one!

 And some of my chrysanthemums have done OK
 We had snow one night and the drive to work was lovely. It was just enough to give a light dusting without causing traffic chaos!

 But the sky was so blue!
 The Police and their dogs came to give a talk at school...this puppy was coming home with me, he was so cute!
And so Christmas has arrived and so the fun begins......if only the OFSTED visit was over and done with we might be able to enjoy it!



15 comments:

  1. Your pictures make me homesick for Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Lulabelle at Manchester Christmas Market! her campervan is so cute .... as is the police dog puppy. Have a good week and try to put Ofsted thoughts out of your head. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being moved from Yorkshire to Lancashire sounds traumatic!!!
    Beautiful photos, I miss our trips up to Merseyside and over the high road over the moors.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last photo...just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow already? Brrr I'm glad I live further south lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A dusting of snow - how wonderful! Maybe OFSTED will get snowed in on their way to the school!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures as always.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place. I would really like to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing. I always love to see your beautiful pictures and read about your 'strolls' through England ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, a satisfied sigh just left my mouth. So lovely to see you writing and posting pictures, they are breathtaking. Lucy looks just beautiful, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a contrast in vehicles! I love both--the pink camper van and the gypsy circus wagon. I'd like that puppy too--for a weekend maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love walking around Uppermill, Diggle and Delph. You've just made me realise how long it is since I've been to Oldham. Love your snowy pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ciao Lyn :)
    I'm always amazed by the quality and quantity of your pictures!
    It was so lovely to see you and Diane again together on FB today!
    Enjoy the run up to Xmas...and cakes! ;P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you are still waiting, I'm hoping you've heard by the time I'm reading this. How wonderful that tree looks in it's grand hallway....clearly I need a bigger house - ha ha - with some lovely wood panels. Bx

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****