Wednesday, 1 January 2014

1st January 2014

I have talked nicely to my old computer and she stays on just long enough for me to transfer some photos from her to an external hard drive.....but it is a very long process.
January 2013
And so while the going is good I thought I would try and do my 2013 review.
As you can see we had our fair share of snow last January but the top left photo is the 1st Jan and we went for a walk in the Yorkshire Dales.
FEBRUARY 2013
February....more snow and more walks and a bit of creativity as I attended a workshop at Hope and Elvis with Diane (no the blanket is still unfinished!)
March 2013

March saw even more snow, walking and baking for Mothers day and....another workshop at Hope and Elvis with my partner in Craft, Diane. This time I managed to finish the project on the day, a fab pinny with Janet Clare. 

April 2013
April and the snow was still on Snowdonia when we arrived for a lovely holiday in North Wales.....and it was my birthday.
North Wales Holiday in April
May 2013
May saw us in Haworth for our annual trip back to the 1940's and with the snow finally gone a few walks in the spring sunshine.
June 2013
June and the weather was hotting up. I met up with my lovely friend Shan and some more beautiful walks. Hubby and I spent a week in Shropshire.
Shropshire 2013
July 2013
July was busy, I dressed as Beatrix Potter for school, I attended a hen night, I went to a two day workshop at Hope and Elvis with the very talented Janet Bolton and stayed the night with the perfect hostess, Diane.
August 2013

Brittany at the end of July and beginning of August 2013
August was my nephews wedding and I had a fantastic holiday in Brittany with Hubby AND a few days away with my mum in Northumberland!.
Northumberland August 2013
September 2013
September was still warm. A time for rushbearing and foraging and visits to Liverpool. I won best in show for a photo at a local village show and made Maisie Mouse for a friends new born baby girl.
October 2013
Autumn arrives with some walks in Yorkshire and Lancashire and a workshop in Brighouse with Anne Brooke and my lovely bloggy pal Lynn.
November 2013
November and Hubby and I went to the Lake district for one night to celebrate our 17th Wedding Anniversary. More walks and the only bit of snow so far this winter.(oh and a new hair cut for me!)
December 2013
December I went to Manchester to visit the Christmas market, had a Christmas workshop with Diane where we made angels and I did baking but no making (except the angel) for Christmas.
And so we come to the end of 2013
New years eve was spent at home, just the two of us.



We watched TV and drank champagne and and sent  a text to all our family and friends and went to bed!
New Year Resolutions?
I never keep them, but-

  • I would like to do more sketching in a sketchbook
  • I would like to do much more crafting at home and make lots of Christmas presents next time
  • I would like to eat much more healthily and to actually make use of the many, many recipe books I own
  • I would like to get back into going swimming once a week.

Who knows what 2014 has in store for us?

27 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful year-end review! I'm too lazy to pull up all my photos, but I love when other people do them. Good for you! Looks like you had a lovely New Year celebration - we stayed in, just my hubs and I, as well :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are always lovely! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that was lovely Lyn. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your review Lyn and so glad to be a part of it. Have a wonderful 2014. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get upto. Lots of love Lynn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyn What a beautiful year in review of 2013 !
    I hope for you all the best in the New Year.
    Love your marble and spotted Bengal kitties we have one now that is getting on in age but she is quite the character !
    All the best ,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photos Lyn. I love how your cat gets in on the act so often - what a sweetie! Have a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year - Fabulous photo-recap. You have such great adventures! Here's to more in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos! Looking forward to enjoying your blog in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ciao Lyn :)
    Happy New Year!
    I truly enjoyed reading and looking at your colourful recap!
    Mosaics were really a good choice for the tons of pictures you always take :P

    Another photo-maniac :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a wonderful read. It was so nice to go through all your happenings of the year. Nice to see so many photos of you too, you look beautiful. You have really pretty, warm eyes. I look forward to seeing more exciting adventures in 2014. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading through your round up of the year, here's hoping 2014 is just as good, if not better!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did a similar post yesterday and really enjoyed looking back over the year! Looks like you've had a good year and packed a lot into it. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am honoured to feature so heavily in your wonderful year. Lets do it all again this year. xxxxxxx PS I have been given the green light to get back into a bit of swimming!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictorial record of a busy year :-) Wishing you all the best for a happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 2014 to you and yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, well done , you got them back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Lyn, your picture collages are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year, what a busy year you had!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely mosaics, I hope you continue in your crafting and photographing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ~ Wishing you a year as lovely as you are, Lynn...WOW you've had a creative one last year...always lovely to see your kitties too....I am wishing 2014 to be a kind one for us all....hugs and kisses ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year Lyn! Such wonderful memories in this post. I think you had a fantastic 2013! I NEED one of those aprons featured in March, May was so flowery, July so sunny and August so beautiful featuring the lovely Lucy! I look forward to the photos to come of 2014. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful review of your year Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  23. some really nice photo's Lyn and your christmake make - angel, just a perfect reminder for me to make one this year. I have finally managed to add your blog link to mine so can read your post regularly. Happy New year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really beautiful pics. A lovely look back. You were so busy Lyn Here's to a great 2014
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy New Year. What an amazing year you had when you see it all in an album above. I often enjoy seeing your trips and lovely photographs even though I do not leave a comment.
    I hope you have a great 2014... And get to do some sketching..something makes me think you are good at it, find the time. Millyx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous photo round-up, glad your computer decided to play fair, even just for the short while as it's nice to see the year summed up this way. I look forward to seeing what 2014 has in store for you here in blogland and having the usual, regular 'I want to move back home' envy ;). Bethx

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****