Saturday, 28 December 2013
Forgotten walk
So it is all over for another year.
We received many lovely gifts.
Then it was time to think about Christmas Lunch.
My mother and father in law came for lunch.
On Boxing day my family came for a buffet lunch. My sister had knitted this winter scene for my mum! (That is a log the robin is sitting on...not a chocolate eclair as my brother thought!)
And my mum sorted out a fastening on my new bag for me
On Friday Hubby finally gave in and bought me a new lap top as my old one was barely hanging on.
most excited as it it white!
The day was very dull and windy but we decided we needed to get out for a walk.
We went on one of our favourite local walks, just up the lane from our house.
Some fantastic clouds
Can you spot Hubby in the photo above...yes he often gets bored of me snapping away on my camera and walks on without me!
It was a bit too windy to get a good photo of the flowering cherry blossom.
Some storm damage was spotted.
I love this old lamp post.
The weather has been awful but at least we have been snug and warm and not like some poor people in the UK that have been without electricity for nearly a week.
While I was looking back at some photos on my camera I realised I had not shown you another walk we had done....way back at the end of November.
A very dull grey day we drove a little way up the valley to Warley Town and parked the car.
With it's colourful pub.
Up the cobbled lane.
No sign of a workhouse building now but I guess once there may have been.
And back to Warley Town.
I am trying to catch up with my blog reading and I will be back for my review of the year early next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a beautiful table and such yummy looking food! I enjoyed looking at the scenery on your walk. the trees, clouds, and everything is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteA lovely holiday and lovely walks. I really like trees in the winter - they show such character.
ReplyDeletecan't help but smile, but from the angle of the photo, it does have the look of an eclair!
ReplyDeletethose outdoor photos are just beautiful, I surely enjoyed them tremendously!
Everything & all the pictures, Lyn... absolutely wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your part of the world with us.
ReplyDelete~Andrea
XOXOXOXO
And a very merry Christmas to you Lyn. I spotted a bottle of Australian wine in there, hope you enjoy it. Also noticed the book about the movie Yanks - one of yours and my favourite films, I didn't know there was a book about it, you must tell us what its like. Your Christmas decorations and table setting look so festive, and how I wish I could've gone on your walk with you. Instead we just collapsed on the sofa and slept. Looking forward to sharing all your news in 2014.
ReplyDeleteYour walks look so pretty! I can't believe the cherry blossom is flowering, it must be warm there. It looks like you had a lovely Christmas, which is wonderful. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are as always so beautiful. I'd love to go with you on some of your walks and see the area for myself! Glad you had a lovely Christmas - how festive your table looked - and wish you all the best for 2014.
ReplyDeleteMy OH and I often go walking, and I have loads of photos of him disappearing off into the distance!! Great photos, keep up the good work. Happy New Year x x
ReplyDeleteEverything looks lovely and what a clever sister you have.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the walk as always.
Happy new year to you both xx
Glad you had a lovely Christmas. They look like 2 stunning walks. Wel Jel about the new laptop! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely post, your photos of your walks made me smile - I spent 16 years living in the ROY (Republic of Yorkshire) and this pictures bought back a lot of happy memories. Im now "back home" in the Midlands, but visit Yorkshire regularly to see friends.
ReplyDeleteI have so many photos of my husband in the distance, he used to get quite fed up of my photography habit, but since visiting the Alhambra in Feb I actually allowed him to have the camera one day to have a go (very selfless of me I know) and now he is quite keen at snapping away too!
Helenxx
So many lovely photos. I love your red and white table setting- very fresh and scandanavian looking! The first photo of your Christmas day walk is stunning. I love the contrast of the purple sky with the greenery below. Beautiful! x
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a proper Christmas with everything as it should be, presents, food, family, fresh air. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteEnchanting, as always. xo
ReplyDeleteEverything looks as lovely as ever in your world Lyn!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a super Christmas - love Lucy inspecting the pressies! Both your walks look wonderful - the owl in the window on your Boxing Day walk looks a bit scary! Happy New Year, Lyn:)
ReplyDeleteWOW! Feel stuffed just by looking at your Christmas food - however now that you have shared your walk I feel I have walked the extra pounds off! Happy New Year. Dxx
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a wonderful Christmas and here's to a Happy New Year.
ReplyDeletePatricia x
Your Christmas looks wonderful. The food looks delicious and the table so festive. Great photos of your blustery winter walk. x
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds and looks wonderful
ReplyDeleteYou live in a beautiful part of the country & photograph it wonderfully.
ReplyDelete