6th June 2012
Shrewsbury.
Heavy showers
We retreat to the castle museum
So we made our way back to the car.
As we drove towards Church Stretton the sun decided to come out...typical.
My lovely Hubby pulled over on the busy A49 to let me take some photos of a field of rape seed that had caught my eye.
You can't believe it was the same day can you?
It is a stunning view
We drove up to the Long Mynd expecting the sunshine but guess what?
It was cloudy!
7th June 2012
Heavy Rain....ALL day
Jumped on a train to Birmingham
we went to visit the Back to Backs.
First we popped into the sweet shop on the corner
Then a look around the courtyard
then a look around the 1940's house
then the 1870's house
then in the 1930's house
then the wash house across the courtyard
It poured down all day so we found lots of indoor things to see,
We had lunch then a look around the City Art Gallery
I still have a few more post cards from Shropshire to post. Hope your not too bored!
Not bored at all - carry on, I am loving this thread.
ReplyDeleteBored. Oh my, never. I can't get enough. I looked up Shropshire on the internet because one of my new David Austin roses is so named. I said to myself, "I must go there." So Shropshire is on my to-do list. As Toffeeapple writes, carry one. Loving it.
ReplyDeleteNope I'm enjoying seeing your photo's. Birmingham looks good, I like the houses :) x
ReplyDeleteNot bored at all - what a trip down memory land those back to back houses are I remember Robin starch, the red Lifebuoy soap (can almost smell the strong carbolic scent)and the tin bath hung on the wall from my own childhood in the 50s along with the paraffin lamp! Those fields of rape are stunning - you've really captured the day with sunshine and showers. Thanks for sharing and yes please to more of the same!
ReplyDeleteHi, shame about the rain but what a difference when the sun came out. Your seam to have made the most of it. Are you getting my blog post feeds? Something seems to have gone wrong with it.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful two days depite the rain!!! x
ReplyDeleteYour phots are wonderful to see. I used to live in Shrewsbury as a child for a few years, so it was lovely to see some pictures of it. What a shame the weather wasn't very good when you on the Long Mynd. Back to backs looks just my type of museum!
ReplyDeleteSarah x
Very much enjoying your trip rain or shine! You manage to keep busy and see some wonderful places whatever the weather. Those Back to Backs look such an interesting place to go. When T was a little boy he loved watching Brum but we have yet to visit the city where it was filmed.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
You've got your hubby well trained, I especially like the 3rd photo of the rapeseed. I've never been to that part of the country but what fab architecture and I've seen those back to backs on TV, but your photos really show them off well.
ReplyDeleteJust catching up! I loved the back to backs when we visited. Cities are brilliant when it pours! xxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteYou have blogging down to a science. Always interesting and stimulating. I search your archives quite often. Thank you for the effort you must put into each post. It doesn't hurt that you live in the most beautiful part of the world. SAS
ReplyDeleteYour new header photo is fabulous! Lovely photos of your trips and visits, as ever. I think I'd like to see the back to backs too, but have no plans to be in that area of the UK in the near future...
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures, as always. Good to see the weather isn't stopping you from getting out and about.
ReplyDeleteJust wonderful photographs as ever! Sometimes poor weather means better, even more atmospheric shots. Gardens are often best photographed after a shower or rain when footpaths and leaves gleam.
ReplyDeleteMargaret P
It sounds like you had a good time despite the weather.
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of the Long Mynd, and your new header.
Definitely gives some personal memories of mine. Lovely image.
ReplyDeletekaizen events