Sunday, 17 June 2012

Two buildings in two days

Saturday 9th June

Saturday was sunny! yes we had a lovely day without rain...the day we were going home!

Anyone recognise the bridge above?
we planned to visit the house where this movie was filmed in 2006

We had a tour of Stokesay Court and watched a short film about it.


It is a fascinating story read an article about it here.

If you are ever in the area I recommend trying to catch a tour of the house. The website is here.
And you get a lovely cup of tea and cakes in the dining room at the end of the house tour.






So after a lovely visit we had to leave Stokesay Court and drive home.
Then on Sunday 10th we went to Hoghton Tower in Lancashire to attend a Christening





The food and drink was served in vintage china!
It was lovely.
And there was a great tower of cup cakes too.

So we had visited two lovely buildings in two days.

Do you like the silk scarf I found in a charity shop in Shropshire?

Do I look like the Queen?
I am loving the Influence of the 50's around at the moment.

 Somewhere in our loft I have a 1953 Vogue, a special Coronation edition....can I find it? No!

18 comments:

  1. Your photos just keep on getting better and better! And love the scarf and all those vintage tea cups! I'm not wildly into 'vintage' stuff (I remember it all too well first time around!) but love pretty tea cups - they've never been out of fashion as far as I'm concerned.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing them :-) I especially like the shot of the flowers/vase in front of the window, and looking up at the window with the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. You look very elegant in your headscarf.

    Thanks for an interesting post

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! The first house looks like the one I grew up in--!! Just kidding of course! But I would love to visit it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what fantastic houses. I love that film & have watched it many times. You look lovely in your head scarf x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the gardens are loving all the rain you have had. That little house with the big next to it look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous houses - both of them. And the Christening looks fab! The scarf is beautiful, but I had to laugh at your photo! Your so funny XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both houses are beautiful, they're just the type of place I like to visit. You look very royal and posh with that headscarf :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tours! Where is the bridge from? It does look familiar. Love that countryside and hope that I could visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Green
    Lovely Stone
    Lovely Structures
    Pops of color
    Big smile at Tea
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. All lovely stuff. That house tour sounds fantastic, right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Queen Lyn! Great photos, especially the stunning allium head of flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a note to say, Lyn, that I find the side bar with all those words in yellow very hard to read on the pale green background.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that place is reall beautiful! Amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynn

    Another interesting post with some nice photos.

    Hi Diana

    But my main reason for this comment is that I wanted to let you know that I've "nominated" you for the Sunshine Blogger award. http://greatacre.wordpress.com/2012/06/23/and-the-nominations-are/

    As I was nominated I decided to continue the chain and use it as a way of expressing recoginition to some bloggers I enjoy reading.

    Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work!

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lyn, thanks, loved the outing! Great houses and two interesting trips. Love the scarf too. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos and how nice does all that mis-matched china look! Oh how I wish this whole vintage and homemade thing was 'in' when I had got married, we would have had a very different wedding (not that mine wasn't nice, but I do love the whole handmade vibe that you can buy/hire & made these days). Looks like you had a lovely time. Bethx (the linen cat)

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****