Friday, 22 June 2012

Horse Power

So the bridge and first house in my last post was used in the film Atonement starring Keira Knightley and James McAvoy. Well worth a visit ( and not just for the cake!)

Last Sunday we went to The Pageant of Power at Cholmondeley
Lots of lovely cars
Some old.......
....some new.


and some strange looking motorbikes!

Some that flew through the air!
There were speed boats and
aeroplanes.

we had sunshine and showers.
But my favourite part was horse power of a different kind.

The  Rockin' Horse Equestrian Stunt Team.

The horses were used recently in the Snow White and the Huntsman movie.

The pet rabbit was saved from the Baddie by the Good Knight.






A very good show


The 'Bar' at the show

I have been doing a little bit of sewing too this month.
In school I have made a Seaside Cafe in the role play area in Reception.


I made some aprons for the waiter and waitress.

and I finished my cat applique started at Hope and Elvis with Janet Clare



We had gorgeous weather at the beginning of the week but the rain and wind has been lashing the country for the past three days and ruined any chance of getting in the garden this weekend.

so I will leave you with some photos taken during the recent good weather.






20 comments:

  1. Ooo dont you just love a Knight in shining armour...Oh to be a Damsel in disress haha x
    Just love all the pic's...Aprons are so sweet, I bet the kiddies had a great time playing cafe's.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some years ago I took my daughter to the Renaissance Festival. We loved the jousting. The knights, the size of the horses, the costumes. You must have had a grand time. I do like the quilt with the kitty. I am no good at quilting. Yours just has such personality and reflects you, making it perfect. Oh. And you could send along some rain. Have a grand weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great day out. Love the knights and horses too! Your cat applique is just gorgeous. We're all rained off here too. Getting a bit fed up of it all now, aren't you?
    Hope it improves for the weekend.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great day out by the look of it! Love your flower and cat photos especially the last one - I want to walk across that field and see what is beyond that gate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great day out! I love your photo of the shadows on the tent roof - very arty! I bet the children loved the aprons for role playing waiter and waitresses.
    The cat applique is beautiful!
    Have a great weekend - it's sunny here at the mo but promising rain later! It's what we've come to expect!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, you have beautiful, beautiful pictures. I would love the horse stunts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel really cheered up coming here now! Stunning photos. Great motor bikes in the air shot! The applique is perfect and looks right at home in your bedroom. Beautiful bedding by the way! Oh, I fancy those croissants too! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos, the cat applique is lovely. But I love the things you made for the Seaside Cafe! My daughter is in reception and every term the role play area is transformed into something wonderful. They had an archealogical dig when they were doing "dinosaurs", a garden centre for the "growing" topic...but no handmade aprons! Maybe I should volunteer my services.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks a fantastic day out, so much to see. I don't think I could have watched the stunt motorbikes, they're scary!
    Your finished cat applique is lovely and I love the photo of the cow parsley against the dark wall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much in your post I hardly know where to start! Loved the horse pictures; I'm sure it was really something to see! The dapple gray looks a little like one of our horses, Whiskey River. The applique cat is very cute! And your flowers are gorgeous. Enjoyed the pictures, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful post. I did very much enjoy my visit today, as usual!
    I really want croissants and tea in the garden now, but have already eaten and it's pouring with rain, maybe next weekend?!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amei a fotografia do cabeçalho...
    um tapete amarelo de extrema beleza.
    Muito emocionante esse parque... parece um ótimo lugar para passear.
    Boa semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil.
    ¸¸.º°❤♫♫♪¸¸.°
    °º✿⊱╮

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic set of photos - love the cat applique too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great day out! Love the sewing you have been doing, the aprons are great fun and the applique cat is wonderful. Keep looking at Hope and Elvis and wish I was a little bit further south! Perhaps have to arrange a holiday round something. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cat picture, so very cute and cheerful :) It was great to see the pictures of the Pageant of Power. I live about 10 miles away from Cholmondley and know a lot of people who were helping out on the day. Maybe next year we will get chance to go :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cat appliqué is lovely and looks perfect in the bedroom. Simply put, your photos make me smile, especially the one of Lucy looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm reading the whole 'Fire & Ice' books on my kindle at the moment so the Knights are right up my street! Looks loads of fun, my boys would love to see a show like that. Your apron and applique are lovely :) Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bloomin heck this is an exciting blog post!!!! So many amazing action shots!!!! WOW! Also love your natural piccies (like the bird shaped cloud in the last one!). The things you made are pretty amazing too!!!
    You know your School log blog- is that one that the parents can see or is that just your own record? I had a class blog last year which I updated but I am thinking of setting up Music blog so I can showcase all our music stuff since that's what I am going to be focusing on in school next year and I just wondered...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that's an amazing header picture, I love it! Wonderful pictues and such beautiful horses, looks like you had a lovely time. Thanks for sharing!
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****