Thursday, 7 June 2012

Post card from Shropshire


Tuesday 5th June

Rain.....and lots of it!

First a walk around Little Stretton

Where there was lots of things planned but the rain seemed to put a stop to most of it.



Then a visit to our favourite deli before a trip to see how they are getting on with the restoration of the Corn Mill at Bromsfield.







 a walk around the village...in the rain!


On the way back we stopped off to take a peek at Stokesay Castle...over the hedge as it was closed.



The church was open so we had a look inside.

Still a few more post cards to come.

16 comments:

  1. The wet weather cant spoil the beauty of this place - it looks amazing!! And I think the grey weather just made all the flags and bunting look even cheerier and brighter.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful village even in the rain! The new blog header is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos - love that little house hidden in the long grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has rained a lot, hasn't it! We've hardly been out!
    We went to Stokesay Manor a few years ago. It's a lovely place to visit.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make it to The Ragleith Arms, my favourite pub in Little Stretten? - a lovely part of the world.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place, I could live in that little house in the field so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog looks lovely, Lyn! Too bad it rained so much, but still it looks like an interesting day! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Stokesay Castle, one of my favorite places in the world, have visited it many times to paint and draw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya lyn,
    Soo glad the old british weather didn't dampen your spirits on your break away!
    Lovely pictures, I also have to pop in to churches, where ever we are...
    Thank you for your kind comment over on my blog,I have popped you on my side bar too, then I can keep up to date! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new header, love this post. I enjoy every trip I make to Shropshire, it seems to wear its history on its face not hidden away in dusty corners.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glorious photographs,the English countryside is beautiful and the villages are gorgeous, if only one could afford to live in them, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos - I love Shropshire though have only been a couple of times years ago with the kids. We stayed in Ironbridge but toured around. Shame about the weather, it's truly getting beyond a joke now. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. i do love that you share your travels with us via your wonderful photography. the rain-kissed daisies are stunning! i also love your header of the lone tree in a yellow sea.

    wishing you a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. ✿✿⊱╮
    Lindo passeio.
    Lugar bonito, fotos bonitas.
    Bom início de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    •.¸¸✿⊱╮¸¸.•

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad the rain didn't stop you getting out and about, there are so many houses in this post I'd happily own, especially the one behind the meadow of cow parsley - how cute is that! I have travel envy, need to do some exploring further from home, I think. Beth (the linen cat)x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****