Sunday, 5 March 2023

February been and almost gone!

 Yes my promise to keep a more regular blog has fallen at the first hurdle!

Still rather gloomy here, in weather and spirit.


I made some catnip octopuses for the Yorkshire Cat Rescue Charity 

Milo took a great interest in checking them for quality control!
On the last Sunday in January Hubby and I took a short local walk.





Then February came.

I made a no chicken chicken and mushroom pie and chocolate fudge cake.
The next four photos are the start of a lovely early morning walk I did one Saturday at the beginning of February.





A trip to Hebden Bridge to The Picture House to see Babylon and a lovely Italian afterwards.




He doesn't even wait for me to go back inside before he starts his breakfast!
Lets carry on with that walk shall we?



























Back home and a bit of gardening and an egg and soldiers  


Brimmycroft lane on 6th February

Brimmycroft Lane 9th February a.m

Brimmycroft Lane 9th February p.m

We nipped down to Shropshire the a weekend. My Mother-in-laws garden is waking up, it made me feel sad to think she wouldn't see it .
We went for a wander around Bishops Castle.




























Then to The Linley Beeches































Linley Beeches are an avenue of Beech trees working their way up a hill  near the village of Linley. Some are in a bad way and a few had fallen recently. New trees are being planted though.

A few snaps from the Garden...






and of course my babies...




Brimmycroft Lane 24th February 2023



When I arrived I noticed lots of litter so I got to work!
Half term and we managed a weekend at The Pines (post here) then I got ill, a bad cold so all the plans went out of the window. towards the end of the week I felt well enough to meet some friends for afternoon tea and I did manage to some clearing out!






Our local postbox had a make over!
Valentines day...
So that was February!

6 comments:

  1. Another visually exciting post Lyn! I did comment on your previous post but couldn't see it. I sent you an email ages ago too thanking you for the Christmas card , hoping you had received mine. I'm not blogging much now but concentrating on my YouTube Channel - My Journey to Become a Professional Artist in case you want to see where I have gone and what I am doing! Wishing you a wonderful month of March. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious photographs! I like the octopuses, great fun.
    The houses were lovely, with jigsaws and zips and dancing silhouettes - very imaginative householders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Still rather gloomy here, in weather and spirit', but not for your readers. As always a delightful post of wonderful images.
    The opening winter scenes are just so beautiful. How clever is the art in Bishop's Castle? Impressive stone arch over the gate to start one of your bucolic rambles, furry friends and a hint of spring to come.
    I hope you are feeling 100% in health and spirit now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it may be gloomy but you shared so much joy! That is the best postbox cosy I have seen!!! So detailed!!!
    Oooh, I enjoyed those mushrooms- they are beautiful! Are they velvet shanks or something else!?!?
    The house with the zip is so funky!
    I love seeing all the joys of outdoors- the snowdoors are particularly lovely.
    Yum, the fudge cake looks delectable!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely things to see on this post, Lyn. I love seeing the outline of trees in the Winter and then the promise of Spring in the snowdrops and catkins. Mr Robin must enjoy his breakfast at your place very much. Amazing decoration on the postbox. Thank you for sharing such lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very happy to stumble into one of my long ago posts and see your comment there. And so very happy today to visit this wonderful post. Your photos are fantastic! I wish I could step into them but your visual tour was a real treat! Thank you Lyn :)

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****