Friday, 12 March 2021

My blog, my way



I was left an anonymous comment (no, I didn't publish it) on my last post and it got me thinking. Who do I do this blog for? Well ME! yes it is lovely other people read it and some leave happy comments, it's always nice to get a compliment. I was taught as a child 'if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything' so Welcome to my blog and it's many photos, I welcome you. I love looking back at my blog and seeing how things change over the years. I fear I don't keep up with reading others but when I do I try to leave an encouraging comment to say I have stopped by.

Talking of change, blogging has changed somewhat since I started mine in February 2009. Some have fallen by the wayside as other types of social media have become popular. I love my Instagram and keep it up to date (something I can't say about this blog) but I also love MY blog, yes it's all mine and I am proud of it.

March has been a mixed bag so far. I think I reached the 10th February on my very long previous post...

On the 11th I met my friend and her young dog for a walk along the Canal from Uppermill.
It was a lovely blue sky sunny day.









After we had a late lunch picked up from our favourite cafe and eaten in our cars while we chatted through the open windows!






The cats are staying inside during this cold weather...
Often found curled up on the bed. Not their beds (and there are many dotted around the house)...our bed!


The next day and it was a local walk. I am trying to get healthy, lose some weight and get fitter so I try to do a short walk most days. We are lucky as we have lots of lovely walks close by.




Some very well maintained steps in the village of Mill Bank, I wonder where they lead as I pass...
To a field with a very lovely view.



back down to the village and into the valley.
and into Fiddle Wood





and home.
Hubby and went for a lovely walk that weekend. We started along the canal from Hebden Bridge then at bridge 20 we climbed up the green lane from the wood.














We came across this farm ruin, we couldn't resist having a look around. It felt quite sad.









We kept moving up hill.

past another abandoned farm





So I don't want to bombard you with too many photos...We are still on February, but the rest can wait until another day.

7 comments:

  1. You have the right idea... it's YOUR blog. I have fallen by the way a bit with blogging and only post sporadically but I still visit blogs occasionally to catch up and always love your photos of my favourite part of England.
    I'm like you I like to look back on the last 10+ years ( I started in 2009 too) . Its nice to read the comments from all those years too and I often wonder what has happened to those people. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you received a nasty comment on your blog. I love looking at all your photos of the beautiful countryside surrounding your home and of your three puss cats too. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your blog, and I love the photos you post! You take me to so many unique and fun places that I'll never get to see and share with all of us a glimpse into your life. How wonderful is that? Don't let the blogging-trolls change that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you should be very proud of your blog ....it is a beautiful and inspiring place and I love coming over to join you on your walks and seeing your snippets of daily life, the gardening and craft work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your posts Lyn, sorry you have had an unwelcome comment, I have followed your blog for many years and love the photography and your art. Glad you are still out there - I haven't tried Instagram, seems less of a community spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's thanks to lovely people like you that got me started on my own blog last year. You are right that your blog is yours and it is wonderful to look back on treasured memories but thank you for sharing them as well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long live your blog Lyn! Such beautiful photos to uplift and inspire. x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****