January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow. February brings the rain, Thaws the frozen lake again.
But this February we had more snow (oh no I hear you cry...not more snow photos!)We did have a snow day (or two) from school. As you know I am trying to up my step count this year so off I went for a walk.The row of trees on the horizon, I've taken many photos of these over the years.
One of my favourite green lanes. The wood is called Kebroyd Wood but locally known as Fiddle Wood.
The snowy path through Fiddle Wood towards Mill Bank
above is Lumb Beck that runs through Mill Bank
Then we climb up the lane through Lower Mill Bank.
Looking back across the valley to the wood we have just walked through.
The large anchor in the field came from a boat in Whitby and use to hang outside the Anchor Inn just across the road (there are no pubs or shops in Mill Bank anymore)
So this meant...
another walk...
Similar but this time I went down Saw Hill from Mil Bank
Some one didn't venture out all day!
after the walk I walked up the garden...
A blanket of snow covered the soft fruit patch
and my pots of bulbs.
The following weekend and the snow had disappeared from the valley but we walked up to Cottonstones.It was bitterly cold!
The three dots in the field in the above photo were deer.
Back home to warm up with a hot chocolate
The next day the roads had been cleared and off I popped to work.
at the end of the day I decided it would be lovely to drive my usual way home (if the weather is bad I go part way on the motorway) The sun had been out but it was still very cold.I pulled over a few times to take a photo and of course had to take one of Brimmycrofy Lane as it looked so pretty.
Then I drove round the bend in the road at the highest part of my drive home and the wind had blown the snow across the road...there were cars sliding all over the place! It was a bit scary...a lovely young man in the car behind helped me do a 8 point turn, sliding all over the place and I doubled back and went on the motorway...the next picture is just down the road from the picture before!
I drove to work...
We went to the park and the children had hot chocolate and cookies!
Then we walked back to school.
That evening I was in two minds as to whether to go home my usual way. I took a chance and was rewarded with the most wonderful sunset on the snowy landscape. I stopped to take some photos...
![]() |
| Brimmycroft Lane |
and home again.
I have only reached the 10th February...I am sure you are all a bit snow photo bored so I will leave it here.





































































































Wow, wow, wow! Definitely NOT snow bored.
ReplyDeleteChilly but magical beauty captured.I just love it!
Somebody knows the best cosy spot for now don't they!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your walks.
You certainly got a good dusting of snow, your pictures are lovely.
ReplyDeleteI haven't visited your blog for ages, Lynda, since we keep up with each other on Instagram, but I decided to today and was as enchanted as ever. You live in the most delightful area and your photos are absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI haven't visited your blog in ages, Lyn, but your photos and narrative are as delightful as ever!
ReplyDeleteI have so enjoyed all of your snow pictures! We really didn't get much of any snow this winter. It's going to be 70 degrees today, so we are moving onto spring, I suppose.
ReplyDelete