Saturday, 23 May 2020

The merry month of May.

After our little trip back to the 1940's for VE Day (see last post) The rest of May continued as April had.....

 we slipped quietly into May....
 I continue to make face masks for friends and work colleagues,
 The cats are mainly enjoying us being at home, they do like to be out in the garden with us....


 I have baked far too many sweet things (I have put weight on since lockdown!)
We have been blessed with good weather so far in May...Which means we are still eating outside when ever possible.
 School continues....










Since they eased lockdown a little.... I had a little job at another school to do.... 

A Blank wall.....

















The book is having some words....at some point!

My friend is Head at this school and asked if I could help make the entrance a little more colourful!
 I also popped over to see my mum one day for a socially distanced afternoon tea in her garden, The dog didn't understand social distancing! I think it was the longest I had not seen my mum face to face ever!!
 We had a lovely afternoon chatting under a parasol each in her oasis of a garden.




 Quiz night takes place via zoom once a week with some friends...I'm not getting any better at it!

 I did spend a lovely afternoon in the garden playing with paints.....






 And we dusted off the bucket Barbecue one evening too!

**********


I sometimes forget we are living in these strange times. I forget we can't pop to the shop (Amazon of course are raking it in at the moment) to buy a shirt, or a gift, or a tomato plant without first thinking do they have them in a supermarket? Can I order it on line? If so, will it take a month to arrive? 
You can't go for a meal to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes that have figured out how to do their business as a take away, but it is just not the same, is it?
You can't hug a family member to console them when they have lost their wife, mum, grandmother, best friend, after a long battle with cancer. You can't attend their funeral to pay your respects, you can't send flowers for a beloved Auntie, just a donation seems very un-personal, You can't take your 80 year old mum to visit her brother in law so they can swap stories and remember his wife, raise a glass to her, say goodbye to her.
There are many times during these strange times we have uttered the words "When this is over...."
Goodnight Auntie Sheila.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog & its pictures never fail to put a smile on my face and a spring in my step, Lyn! Thank you for that!! And a sweet goodnight to Auntie Sheila too... what a GORGEOUS bride!! Why can't our favorite people live forever?!! :-( Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear about your aunt. These are such horrible, heartbreaking times for sure. You are very fortunate to have your garden and lovely weather to enjoy it. Such beautiful pictures of your kitties in the outdoors. And I love seeing your artwork. Every school should be filled with colorful scenery rather than stark white walls. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad about your aunt - it is heart wrenching not to be able to say the final goodbye. My friend lost her dear friend and could only raise a glass as the hearse went past her window.
    Lovely photos as ever and wow to the entrance hall you did them proud.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read of your loss of your Aunt Sheila. Your darling cats and delightful garden must help grately to lift your spirits.
    Your artistic talents continue to amaze me. What a wonderfully welcoming entrance hall you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images of the garden, cats and food! Your mural is great Lyn. I bet the kids and teachers will love to see it. I am sorry to hear about your Auntie Sheila. That is a wonderful photo of her on her wedding day. x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****