I have been lucky enough to have a few holidays this year. In August I went away with my mum to North Yorkshire for a few days.
We stayed just outside North Yorkshire at a hotel called Solberge Hall.
A lovely hotel with very helpful and friendly staff and delicious food!
While we were in the area we visited lots of lovely villages...
We went by Steam train to Whitby, walked around Helmsley and Goathland and had a drive across the moors....
On the last day ( it rained most of the day) we stopped off at Hawes and watched the rushing river....
On another weekend in summer, Hubby ad I went into Halifax. First to the Industrial Museum...
Then on to Bankfield museum to see this...
So my next post will be September and October....and they were busy!
Lovely photos of those warm sunny days. I'd love to have seen those costumes:)
ReplyDeleteYou do visit the most wonderful places Lyn. If I ever had to choose a traveling companion it would be you as I like everywhere you visit! x
ReplyDeleteI just love your part of the world.
ReplyDeleteThe sheep on the bench made me laugh and made me wonder if this pic was taken in Goatland?
What a creative idea for the letter box!
Plus, ditto Simone's comment.