nine years ago this little lady appeared a lot on my blog
Now these three are the stars!
So the last few days of January and the beginning of February and what has been going on? The new sofa and chair have arrived for the lounge.
The wall paper is going and we are in the middle of trying to pick its replacement.
I marked out the pages for my embroidery sample book for #stitchaweek
and I enjoyed watching The Miniaturist
We have had too few crisp winter days and too many grey and rainy days
cake and hot chocolate helped!
| view from the staff room at lunchtime |
| here it is leaning against the one one we have at the moment |
The lounge is far from finished but I will keep you up to date with its progress.
I started my stitch-a-week
The fire surround will be tiled and we have decided on these turquoise/teal ones. plain on the hearth and the smaller mosaic ones around the fire!
we are busy planning our summer holiday, a week in August.
| A walk up to church with school |
There seems to be more photos of Daisy than the other two. The reason is she is the most sociable and is nearly always in the same room as us and she is so photogenic, Misty runs away when she sees me pointing my camera or phone at the her and Milo doesn't seem to show up very well being mostly black!
have you noticed we have managed to get a collar on her too!
They still have crazy time!
We had a sprinkling of snow earlier in the week...
This is a little green lane I pass on the way home and I often pull over to take a photo of it.
This is the same lane this morning.
| Titanic homework by class 3 |
In order to commemorate Votes for women I re-posted this photo on Instagram from November 2014 when I made a suffragette costume.
I popped into Touchstones one evening after work to pick up the latest brochure and have a look in the lovely little museum there.
And so we are heading for half term.....I will no doubt have more chance to get out and about and have something to write about here so will be back before the end of February.

Your kitties are precious...
ReplyDeleteLovely surround. Good for you!
You have such a nice view, from your lounge window.
What delightful things, in that little museum. So nice that they were donated, and have a happy home... Where others can see them, forever.
Ration books. We had them too, in the US. I was born in 1937, so my WWII memories are not as many, as my husband's, who is 4 years older. But we do have real memories. NOT like those, of your grandmothers and great grandmothers, of course. But still... Memories.
It's a bit sad, that all who do have real memories of this, will be gone, eventually. Will anyone remember? Did you ever ask your 'Gran,' about her memories about life, during WWII?
Yes I did get chance to talk to my maternal grandmother before she passed away. I was very interested in family history then and she told some great tales! xx
DeleteYour sofa is a lovely colour and I am envious of that fire surround it is going to look really lovely when installed and tiled.
ReplyDeleteYou have some great photos of the snow - I think every morning about stopping to take a picture of the view on the way into town across the valley - then I think perhaps not as the parking is mad down in town and I would lose my space and then be late for work! Maybe when I retire I can do all these little things. I can't believe it is almost half term already - I always look forward to the schools being off as I can then drive to work and there are no queues and the car parking is no problem it is amazing what a difference it makes!
I don't stop off as much in the mornings but on my way home if something catches my eye I will. I would rather have the extra ten minutes in bed than stop and take photos in the morning! x
DeleteLove your new sofa. And your beautiful puss cats. I have a shy one who runs when he see's the phone.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous display by class three.Wheres the little museum
My daughter's moved to Hadfield so if it's not too far from there I could take a look.
|Take care Donna x
The museum is at Touchstones in Rochdale. It is a town that hasn't very much going for it and is a little bit run down but it has this fantastic museum and art gallery (open hours drastically cut recently) they have little workshops and live entertainment too. Worth a visit but I think it will be too far for you to travel. xx
DeleteCongratulations on 9 years of blogging. Quite the achievement given your busy life. It would only be a couple of years that I have been following you and I am always delighted when I find a new post. I get to live in and know England varcariously, through your wonderful posts and creative photography. Your rose image is a stunner.
ReplyDeletewhy thank you. The rose photo was one of the first photos I posted.....I can't remember which camera I had at the time but it was a good one! Thank you for your kind comments. xxx
DeleteCongratulations on nine years of blogging, I'll have been blogging for thirteen years in March, where has all that time gone? At least by looking back at posts we can see all the things we have done and achieved over the years. Your new sofa and chair are a lovely colour and your cats look full of fun:)
ReplyDeleteI do enjoy looking back at all the things we have done and enjoyed over the years this is one reason I am so determined to keep blogging! xx
DeleteHappy blogging anniversary. Your new sofa is the same one we had picked out for the first house we almost completed on (we were going to have it in grey), we really liked it. We've changed our minds now though and are going for a similar one, the sixty seven gplan from John Lewis as we can get that in a nice mossy green :)
ReplyDeleteI also take a lot of photos on my way to and from school - the joys of rural life!
I feel very lucky to have such a lovely commute to and from work, poor hubby sits in motorway traffic for over an hour most mornings!!
Deletexxx
Lyn, your blog entries never disappoint. Happy Blogging Anniversary! I'm so glad you're here! xxx
ReplyDeleteoh thank you! xxx
DeleteSweet kitties, loving your new sofa and chair. The view of the country lane is delightful. Carry on Blogging and showing us the lovely places you visit x
ReplyDeleteI will xxx
DeleteCongratulations on blogging for nine years! That’s amazing!!! Lovely photos of your beautiful cats xxx
ReplyDeletethank you I am always surprised I still have reader of my blog!! xxx
DeleteHappy Blogging! I am glad you still post 9 years on! Lovely post as ever. I really enjoyed the miniaturist too. I love the kitty photos and all the fabulous places you get to see and creatives projects that you do. Carry on blogging Lyn! x
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
ReplyDelete