I have been putting into practice a few of the things mentioned on the day. One of them was 'eat the frog'
The idea being you prioritize the things you have to do. The one big slimy frog is something that must be done but you put off. You have to eat the frog before you can move on to tadpoles (Should be done) and the nice things that you would like to do. I have been doing this all week now and it does actually make you feel better if you eat your frog as soon as possible and then you can enjoy the day!
Sounds crazy I know but seems to be working for me......at the moment.
| Snowdrops in my garden |
Half term week started with snow!
| The garden |
Misty decided to stay in bed where it was warm!
Milo decided he would rather stay in the box than in his basket!
I love this shop in Sowerby Bridge, always very imaginative with their window display
Lunch from the deli
Maybe I could do similar with mine?
I have managed to do some sewing this week too for #stitchaweek
| my valentines from Dogs Trust from my sponsor dogs |
| Daisy wanted to help with my stitching |
We had booked ourselves High Tea at Grand Pacific
Hubby and I went in October last year for our wedding anniversary and I wrote about it here in this post.
We had a few cocktails too!
It was a truly memorable meal
Manchester was getting ready for Chinese New Year
The end of a lovely day.
Lots of lovely hearts around our house on valentines day.
I called in at Touchstones one afternoon
a lovely exhibition called Heart Beat
and a small exhibition called Postcard from Rochdale
I will be back with part two of my spring half term soon.
What a setting, what a tea I'm very impressed. Cats know how to be comfortable in any circumstance. When in doubt stay in bed.
ReplyDeleteLooks like your having a busy time off School. I keep meaning to go to Grand Pacific. Your pictures pictures of the food look lovely. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day Donna xx
Wow you covered a lot a milage with this post. Love the kitty in the box. Cats are like that--they love boxes. I enjoyed everything today: the kitties, the snow covered English gardens, High Tea and your stitching. All so lovely and eating the frog first! That I will not forget. Have an awesome week.
ReplyDeleteAs always a wonderful collection of photos. I envy you the snow as we sweat in extreme humid heat. Your High Tea also turns me green. Such a grand setting and the tea setting and delicacies, exquisite.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed this post - the valentines, the high tea and the exhibition as well as your lovely photos of your garden in the snow. I must plan out some days to get out a bit more - I am missing out on so much!
ReplyDeleteLovely post, I've heard of the eat the frog idea but not that dear little frog prince in the window display !
ReplyDeleteWe have had no snow here in the south. The hotel tea looks divine and I love the artwork at the end x
Gorgeous post full of eye candy. The Valentines present from your husband was such a thoughtful gift. x
ReplyDeleteYou always have the most fascinating photos! I love the succulent and wonder what kind it is. I have been getting into plants lately. I have also been trying to eat the frog, especially as it comes to my craft area!
ReplyDelete