Sunday, 25 February 2018

Half term part two

So what did I get up to in the second half of my half term? 
(The photos are a bit mixed up....some from my phone, some from Instagram and some from my camera) I will give them a caption so you know where I am!
The boating lake
I went for a lovely walk in Shibden Park. The Hall was closed but the cafe was open so after my walk I indulged in a coffee and cake!
The cascade steps


The water lily pond near the hall


The Hall



The Dry Stone Wall exhibition


The Lister Lion at the Hall



A smoot


The hall from the park

The Hall




The Cascade




The Hall Gates





We have moved on from decorating the lounge (still not quite finished as the wall needs wallpapering and we need a new rug) and freshened up the kitchen and dining room. A lick of paint on the walls and woodwork to freshen it up for spring.



Daisy especially loved it!
 Last Sunday my mum and I went to Norton Priory to see the snowdrops and the museum.
 I purchased some snowdrops from this charity.










 We walked in the walled garden, more flowers out than we expected.




 Then we went around the museum






then another coffee and cake!
I know.....I know!!
 I have kept up my stitching....finished my first double page for my sample book.






Daisy tries her best to stop me stitching though!

12 comments:

  1. So many lovely signs of spring, but I believe you are now back to snow and freezing temperatures. Such a lovely way to spend half term. The snowdrops are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we have had a visit from 'the beast from the east!' snow day today too! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and nice weather but I hear you have gone back to a cold snap now. Redecorating is such a pain isn't it but you are making good progress. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes more snow! I get a weekend off the decorating next weekend! x

      Delete
  3. Snowdrops are so delightful. I like your stitching, it will make a pretty sample book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely tour, thank you!
    Nature is beautiful, as are all the funny statues ... and the priory! I hope to visit it one day, beautiful.
    What an extraordinary sampler, I would stay near to it as well ;)

    xxx Carolien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolien, I agree nature is indeed wonderful! x

      Delete
  5. Wow. So many absolutely wonderful pictures. I love them all especially the flower ones!!
    I work at a castle, as you know, and yesterday when I was there went out into the gardens. The Camillas are wonderful at present.
    Thanks for the tours. Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Shibden Hall since my girls were young - I thought it might be a good place to take my Granddaughter as I think they have a train there?
    I absolutely love your stitched sampler - if I had the time I it would definitely be on my list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they still have the train...closed for winter at the moment. It is a pretty park though. x

      Delete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****