Thursday, 6 February 2014

February has arrived


February has arrived and with it my blogiversary! 
5 years I have been wittering on here in blogland, 5 years of reading, walking, baking and making. 
Halifax buildings
Five years of everyday life!


Witch Hazel in the garden
I did the RSPB Garden Bird watch last Sunday........awful weather!

Not as many birds to record as in past years.
Key to the Secret Garden
 I have a friend who likes old keys so I made this for her for her birthday. 
 Class 2 have been making Rainforest Animal Masks
 Class four have been doing a spot of colour theory
 Class 5 have been making 'Fantastic Plastic' Art 

I finished a great book sent to my by my lovely friend, Diane for Christmas. The book of my favourite film ever and yes Diane....I cried!
 Last Sunday, after Hubby had finished doing some work, we needed to get out.
 It was 3pm but the nights are getting longer and the sun was shining still.
 We drove to Saddlworth and parked in Delph.

 We walked up out of the village


Up past the cricket club

 and down Sandbed lane
 walking past the gas lamp. I have written about it before here and here  
 We have often wondered about the lamp post and who pays for the gas and who changes the mantle. We always thought it was the only one.
Then around the corner we found another two!
Time to go home.

 The heating went on the blink last weekend and resulted in me wearing gloves to do my homework for my workbook workshop.
Lucy was glad of the underfloor heating....I nearly curled up with her! (heating is now fixed!)
 I really enjoyed my workbook workshop on Tuesday evening with Anne Brooke.
And look forward to the next one in March.
I had better put this blog post up......things are 'happening' around here and when it all gets a bit more settled I will tell you all about it....just like I have shared my everyday life these past five years with you!

23 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary! You make everyday life look very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogging anniversary! I always enjoy stopping by to see what you've been up to, which is always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 yeRs of Blogging that's great. I always enjoy your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogging Anniversary and here's to another 5 years of your beautiful photos and to hearing about your everyday life which you always make sound so interesting and enjoyable - finding pleasure in the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 5 years of blogging. I enjoy your photographs, especially showing off places like Halifax that don't always get the love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog Anniversary! Your blog has made me want to live in Yorkshire! You blog about all the things I enjoy: nature, the countryside, art and crafts, cats etc! I wonder what is 'happening'? You have got me intrigued!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simone, do come. We would love to have you and you would love us. Contrary to popular belief, the North is where it is all at! xxx

      Delete
  7. It must be my anniversary too then as I think we started more or less at the same time - I'll have to check. The ending of that book took me very much by surprise when I read it above 20 years ago!! Oh Blimey!! "Happening" !!!! Gorgeous gorgeous photo's as ever my lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are warm again! Happy Anniversary, Lyn - may there be many more. Great photos as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary!
    It has been a pleasure to read you in the past 4 years (not sure when I started blogging :)
    You're going to Dubai then?! I'm shocked :P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your anniversary. The brighter evenings are great. Love your pics from Delph. Visited it on a couple of occasions v

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I guess I've been at it for five years, too. Yours is still one of my very favorites, Lyn. You live in such a lovely spot and I just love your beautiful photos. Looking forward to many more walks with you!

    (Lucy is such a sweetie)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogiversary. I like your secret garden key. Always loved Yanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogiversary Lyn. Five years is quite an achievement, hope there will be many more!

    I adore your header photo of Lucy - I feel like kissing the screen she's so adorable:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy blogiversary~!! i think we've been blogging about the same amount of time and i have enjoyed your blog very much. here's to many more posts for both of us~!

    this post is chock full of such lovely sights and Lucy is absolutely gorgeous.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  15. oops, i meant to mention your 'workbook workshop'. is this like art journaling? it looks wonderful and will be fun to see your progress with it.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratualtions! Finally got round to starting mine. It's a big learning curve but I am enjoying it. Have tried to put my web address in to link it to my comment but it wont link so will put it here and try again next time www.529hvr.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh it did it - yet another learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 5th Blogiversary I'll look forward to following your everyday life for the next 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your 5th Anniverary what a milestone! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations I have a lot of your blog to catch up on as I only discovered you recently! I recognise that pub on the corner - it has only just re-opened after a refurb - also recognised the chippy and Sanbeds Lane we drive through there on our way to Scotland to pick up the M62 it is a lovely part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations; I am so happy that I bumped into your blog when I did. Carry on the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Bloganniversary! I look forward to the next five years :) Bethx

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****