The fourth candle to be lit for Advent is for JOY
It is such a lovely word and yet does seem old fashioned and seldom used these days.
Is this because our lives have less joy in them?
or do we forget to stop and think about what makes use joyous?
Joy means 'an emotion of great happiness'
I certainly have emotions of great happiness sometimes. We went to celebrate my mums 70th birthday yesterday. We had a small close family gathering with a lovely meal out and cake and presents. There was lots of joy yesterday.

I made a 'This is your life' type book for mum. starting with the few photos from her childhood and finishing with the ones we took of her on her allotment this year, many people sent me little stories or memories of her and I put these in to. She kept looking at it all evening and it made her happy.
If that's not joyous I don't know what is.
Glad tidings of comfort and joy to you and yours. What a lovely gift for your Mum, my family certainly bring me joy.
ReplyDeleteSuch a thoughtful and lovely present, glad you had a great day with your mum and family!
ReplyDeletei love things like that as gifts, i'm sure she loved it x
ReplyDeleteLovely post Lyn. Sounds like your mum had a great day. xx
ReplyDeleteHow lovely and doesn't she look glamerous ?
ReplyDeleteIt's my mum's 80th in May - I should do something similar for her
That was a lovely thoughtful thing to do. I've done similar things for family and it's always really appreciated ....xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip - we are doing a family get together here in my village ( could end in tears ! )
ReplyDeletePerhaps I'll ask all the guests to send their favourite photo of them with mum - that would be funny - her oldest friend went to Brownies with her !
That's such a lovely gift. I have heard that joy is what stays with us even when we're not feeling happy - no one will be happy all the time, but we can remain joyful if we have deep-down security.
ReplyDeleteWhat a thoughtful gift.
ReplyDeleteTwiggy
PS joy, is indeed a wonderful word !
I bet your Mum will treasure her book. What a lovely present to receive.x
ReplyDelete