Sunday, 13 December 2009

A pause in Advent

The third candle to be lit at Advent is for Love

I am blessed to have such loving family and friends.
See the little girl on the right above?
that's little old me aged about 5 or 6.
I grew up in a loving family and although sometimes things were hard, I can honestly say I never went without love.

18 comments:

  1. adorable - aren't photos just so much better in black & white ?

    You look like a young Judy Garland !

    We grew up with no heating - none !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, thank you for sharing this lovely photo with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very sweet photo ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab photo! And lovely words too!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! I love looking at old photographs & they make the kids laugh so much...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely memories..that's why you're such a fantastic lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, we have a photo of me with Santa in about 1977 that looks so similar. We didn't have much money either, but they were indeed happy days with lots of love.
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely photo! I enjoyed your post below too, and don't worry about losing a follower - I think people sometimes just tidy up their blog lists, or even delete themselves from Blogger, and you lose one that way. One of mine disappeared this week too - maybe it was the same person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can say the same of my childhood, aren't we lucky? You look so very sweet in the picture- how lovely to have such a happy snap. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo - makes me feel very nostalgic for my childhood Christmasses too!

    Willow x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww...it is good to be thankful for what you have...I need to focus on this a little now! Thanks for dropping by and your supportive comment...really appreciate it! You don't know how much they lift me up right now...I'm really struggling but it is early days... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe it!! You look like me when I was that age - same hairstyle and everthing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful photo to treasure. Lovely sentiments too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very sweet photo, lyn! and thank you for your get well wishes. i am SO glad to back on my feet and getting things done! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a wonderful photo... my mum always put ribbons in our hair and we had the shortest skirts too. am enjoying your pause in Advent.
    warm wishes
    ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet photo, Lyn. Sounds like you had a lovely childhood.

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****