Sunday, 23 June 2013

Sunshine and showers

It has been an odd few weeks. I suppose some would say a typical British Summer!

These photos were taken with my phone when out for a walk with my mum one Friday evening.

We got a bag of fish and chips and a carton of mushy peas between us and took the dog to Pickering's Pasture.

Once an industrial site now a beautiful nature reserve on the banks of the River Mersey.
It has the most beautiful meadows of wild flowers and can look different every time you visit.
There is a post about Pickering's Pasture from August 2012 here
and May 2011 here.
and August 2009 here....boy I did very short posts way back then!
So what else has happened since our holiday in Shropshire?
I have acquired some more beautiful blog followers....so close to 300 now although I am not sure that many people actually read my wittering! Thank you and welcome to my new followers.
I had a fantastic evening watching a live feed from London watching An Audience with Helen Mirren.

My poppies have finally popped!

We had an impromptu barbecue one evening in the sunshine. 



and even managed a lunch outside....before the rain returned once more.
Last weekend we popped up to Preston to Art and Garden.
First we stopped off at Huntley's for lunch.
Beware all ye nattering women, witches and thieves


My lovely friend Shan was selling there...it is a shame as it will be the last year they do this art fair.






In school Class 3 have been making pop art
 Class 4 have been looking at colour in the environment.
and I went with class 5 on an 8 mile sponsored fancy dress walk!
It started off sunny then rained when we stopped to eat our packed lunches and then was sunny again!




I held a staff meeting and we all made a needle felted ladybird....only a few plasters were needed!

Driving home some evenings I just had to stop to take some photos along the way.
The last of the bluebells.
My Tree
The big Horse Chestnut was in flower.



Lucy watching the tadpoles
and we have managed to a bit of work in the garden.












I think June is my favourite month in the garden.

I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself this week though. I had toothache and had to have a large tooth removed.....it cracked as the dentist was removing it and a root is still embedded in my gum....I go next Wednesday for them to 'dig' it out!

The above photo was taken through the window today as the sun was shining and it was raining at the same time!

23 comments:

  1. Completely charming - every single flower and view. Thanks so much for taking us along. The forget-me-nots are one of my all time favorite photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Lyn. My sister in Oxford goes to a lot of those live link ups she says it's fantastic. She is going to a Helen Mirren one today I think.
    Have you got the iPhone camera addiction like me. They take the most fantastic pictures, I can't stop.
    Have you been to the new Barton Grange garden centre near Garstang yet ? It's enormous and has two restaurants. They sometimes have exhibitions on.
    Lynn xx
    Ps. Good luck at the dentist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos, we did a sponsored walk with our students who are quite a bit older than yours! We managed 15 miles in torrential rain - but none of them moaned which was fab!

    Hope your tooth isn't too painful today, I had a root canal a couple of years ago so can sympathise. I think you need to have lots of lovely treats today to make you feel better :)

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw the NTLive Helen Mirren / The Audience recently in Hereford - superb! Your garden's looking lovely. Poor you re the tooth - hope you get it sorted quickly and painlessly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post Lyn. Stunning photos of the flowers and views. My camera goes with me on most trips out but have to say my iPhone comes in handy if we do a spontaneous detour on the way home from somewhere and when the camera is at home. It takes some equally good photos too. Good luck with your tooth and hope you feel better soon.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was all ready to say what a wonderful week then I read about your tooth - ow - although I had to have a root dug out some years ago and it was absolutely fine x Great pictures and I love 'your tree' - I've got one on the other side of the canal, never been up to it, never touched it but I see it from every window at the back of the house and watch it change through the seasons! Have a lovely week x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, your photos are beautiful. I hope all goes well with the tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovelies in this post (not the tooth, obviously). Your garden is looking great. Too many snails wreaking havoc here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, Lyn, that you take your students outside to discover art. Your flowers re beautiful. Another fine virtual vacation for me this fine Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous post. I do hope the toothy thing goes well. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Lucy watching the tadpoles and the buttercups fields. I feel for you re the tooth - I had to have some root canal work recently. Your garden flowers are lovely. It certainly has been a week of sunshine and showers:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Epic post!!! All lovely lovely lovely things - apart from the tooth!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pics and good luck with the tooth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. In Africa, where I am from, simultaneous rain and sunshine is known as a 'monkey's wedding'. Lovely photos as usual! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this expression :-) thanks for sharing

      Delete
  15. Your garden is looking absolutely wonderful Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the photos of the gardens are just so pretty, must be lovely at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore the photo of the forget-me-not flowers, a heavenly blend of colours! England has the most beautiful places to walk, they are a real national treasure. I don't think there are walking tracks like that anywhere else..so pretty and accessable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely photos. It looks like you've been making the most of what sun we've had doing nice summery things. Beautiful photos of your flowers, too.

    Good luck with your trip to the dentist - I don't envy you that! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your life looks pretty good at the moment Lyn apart from the tooth!!! Ouch!!! Hope the root removal goes well and that you reward yourself with something nice afterwards!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post (apart from your tooth of course)! The art and garden looks good, it's a shame they aren't going to do it again.
    Love the flower photos, especially the forget me not.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look as if you have been busy and having a good time too! What a fantastic location for your fish and chips the buttercups look amazing! I liked the pictures you took on the way home from school. Your garden look so pretty too, I always think June is the best month in our garden too.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh gosh I think I need to move to England. Lyn, you always catch me when it's like 150 degrees here - and you post these lovely photos of flowers and green fields...sigh.

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****