Last Saturday I went to Hope and Elvis for a workshop with the lovely Louise.
I love going to workshops there
It is such a creative place...you just can't help yourself
It was a workshop called A Right Royal Party and I was aiming to start a Family Flag Of History.
It was a lovely small group so I could nag Louise without feeling guilty.
First decide on which vintage Union Jack to purchase
then scan and print photos onto transfer paper
next take five attempts to get transfers onto the fabric!
| The rejects! |
I only manage to place the photos, and before I know it it is 4pm and time to leave.
I think I will be doing a kind of family tree layout...what do you think?
This is a blurred photo of me on our street on the morning of our Silver Jubilee Street Party in 1977
And this is my mum in her late teens when she worked in the Isle of Man for the summer season as a chambermaid in a Bed and Breakfast.
*************
Now I had better put up my May Photo Scavenger Hunt because we are going away on Saturday to Shropshire and I won't get another chance.| Front Page |
| Beverage |
| Currency |
| Do you see what I see? |
| Historic |
| Nine |
| Nose |
| Yellow |
| Good Things |
| Fragrance |
| Station |
| Small Packages |
How exciting for all of you in the UK. I can't wait to watch some of the festivities over the weekend. I love the start of your flag!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely really enjoyed your page. Like a good book.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your break
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today
So much lovely ness - Have a great time on hols. xxxxx
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos Lyn. You look so much like your Mum in the photos! Enjoy the jubilee celebrations at school and your break next week! x
ReplyDeletesuper photos :) I love them all!
ReplyDeleteWe're off school tomorrow - got an extra day to replace the extra bank holiday on Tuesday which falls in half term. I've had a super busy week at work to and I'm all stressed now as we're going away for a few days and I haven't got all my jobs done!
Hi Lyn, wonderful photos as always. I love the nose, and your number nine.
ReplyDeleteWe're having a jubilee party tomorrow too! have fun!
xxx
Lovely photos. I see a face in the rock, is that what you see?
ReplyDeleteHave a good break!
I love the nostalgic feel of the flag you are creating and can't wait to see the finished work of art. What a unique and original idea Lyn. Kx
ReplyDeleteanother gorgeous post. louise's workshop looks superb. i really like the idea of transfering photographs onto fabric and have wondered how it was done.
ReplyDeleteyou and your mum are both very pretty girls. i can clearly remember my little sister dressed up as britannia for the silver jubilee and the tables that lined the very long street in london where she and my mother lived in at the time. the plates of homemade cakes and sandwiches seemed to go on for miles. i had already grown and was starting a family, but i joined them for the occasion and had a lovely day.
i would love to see your flag when it's finished.
have a lovely jubilee weekend xx
Your work shop looks great. So many great photos I don't know what I like best but I think good things, yellow and 9 are great. Have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love your project. My sister-in-law has transferred prints to fabric and placed them on small wall hanging quilts. Such a neat project. I hope you share your finished project. Your apple blossoms are beautiful. we didn't have many; they got frozen. Have a good week-end.
ReplyDeleteSo much in your post to comment on Lyn, love all your scavenger photos, the good things look very tasty! Enjoy your holiday:)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. I love the face in the rock for 'do you see what I see' and the 'yellow' one.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your photos. The photos transferred onto fabric look wonderful too.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
I love your selection of photos they have such a vintage feel to them. Hope you have a great holiday, the flag you are making is wonderful too.
ReplyDeleteSarah x
The front page is so apt for this weekend - the jubilee is everywhere! The queen has also very conveniently given the country an extra day off on what happens to be my birthday, so I'm happy :-) These are great photos, Ellen x
ReplyDeleteIf I were a judge, I would give you top prize for your photos of the scavenger hunt. It was also very interesting to see the Queen and Elvis in one photo. It looked like a fun workshop.
ReplyDeleteHello again! I see you uploaded your gorgeous Jubilee food pics, the group pool is now open if you want to add them to it. Then I won't feel so lonely!! Dawn
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, beautiful shots of the apple blossom :-) x
ReplyDeleteHi Lyn,
ReplyDeleteThat family tree - flag is such a good idea, I look forward to the final result! The pictures are great and that fabric is soo nice.
Have a nice weekend & hugs,
Carolien
hope that you are enjoying your special weekend~!
ReplyDeletethe photos are all beautiful and i LOVE what you're doing for the flag project~!!~
:-)
libbyQ
Hello Lyn! Yay, it's freedom at last, we have half term!!! (reports?)
ReplyDeleteLove these photos! Your rock man is pulling an expression JUST like Kenneth WIlliams from the Carry on films! The goat is adorable and I love all the different shots! I love what you made also! So beautiful! I enjoyed this month's scavenger hunt but found it harder!
What agreat idea. Look forward to seeing the finished flag. Have a lovely weekend! Ros
ReplyDeleteThat rock is amazing, it really looks like a face and those cakes really look delicious.
ReplyDelete