Friday, 9 March 2012

stressful week!

Thursday
Ideal Home March
Oh it's been a stressful week and I will be so glad to get to the end of it. The school was visited by OFSTED Wednesday and Thursday and well it's never nice being assessed in your job no matter how much they say they understand that you are nervous you still mumble, go blank, rush, panic.....I am so glad it is over and can only hope we have a good outcome with some positive feedback.
Period Living March
But I want to forget all about that for now....thank you very much!
Homes and Antiques March

<><> <><> <><>
Sarah Raven March
Here are the Calendars for March. I Love the Ideal Home one.
I also managed to send off one of my giveaway prizes this week.
I did some sewing on Sunday, two little fabric boxes, one for me and one for isisjem.
I enjoyed making them and I can see me making some more in the future.

I then packed the prize box with crafty goodies as promised. I stuck to a spring colours theme.
You can just see the ball of yarn at the bottom of the box, well Jan started straight away on it and now has a scarf!
Friday

Can you spot Lucy? she has taken up residence on the step waiting for mice. She is very patient but hasn't caught any recently....I hope it stays that way. I could do without crawling under the bed or taking a stick to the back of the wardrobe to try and catch any she has let escape.
When I arrived at work last Thursday there was a robin singing his little heart out in the trees in the carpark.
can you see him?
I am on a workshop tomorrow at Bankfield. Then on Sunday evening I am taking a class to the Bridgewater Hall to see Purcell's King Arthur. So a busy weekend is planned....good job the rugby is on so Hubby is occupied!

So I feel very drained and just a bit fed up tonight but looking forward to a lovely weekend and then.....it's only 3 weeks until we finish for Easter and I go away with my lovely mum for a few days!
***************

Is any one else having problems with Blogger? I can not change any blogs on my Blog Roll, deleate or add new  blogs and I can't follow anyone new either. I might have to think about a change to another blog provider as their so called help section is...no help!
( and the spell checker isn't working either so a few might slip through the net...sorry)

19 comments:

  1. Ah, dear old OFSTED. Hope you have a good weekend, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a really relaxing weekend after the rigours of OFSTED. Horrible experience, I know, even when it has gone well you feel like you've been through the mill. I love your fabric box - gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hop you have a lovely weekend after your horrid week! I've been having trouble with Blogger too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've had a stressy week. Hope the weekend is so much better for you! I finished my scarf completely earlier. It's the first time I've ever casted off! I think you might have got me hooked! I can't wait to get making with the other goodies you put together for me and the fabric box is on the chest of drawers looking all pretty and decorative. Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like that wallpaper on the Period Living calendar.

    Hope you enjoy your busy weekend.

    Celia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the only good thing about having Ofsted this week is that you're not waiting for it any more. Now it's over and you can relax! Have a good weekend! You deserve it!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little sewing box is so cute, you made me laugh, Lucy with the mice one of ours brings them but it's usually at 2am then the hunt is on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming from a family of teachers, I feel your ofsted pain. The fabric boxes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I had the same problem with blogger a while ago so I made a second blog list and added any new ones on there. It seems to have righted itself now for me but I can't be bothered to change what I have. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely prize you put together! That yarn knitted up a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a relaxing weekend after the stress of an Ofsted visit! Love the photo of the cat quietly anticipating!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all the stress will melt away now the dreaded Ofsted visit is over. I can see Lucy waiting patiently. I know so well that 4a.m. half dismantling the wardrobe in order to find a frightened mouse brought in as a play toy so we could release it back into the wild - well the back garden!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to focus on getting to the weekend and usually have something really to look forward to on Friday night - the weekend starts for me at 3pm EVERY Friday. As part of my job, I do the debt collection, which these days is very stressful - trouble is it all starts again on Monday - but the weekend is where my focus lies. LOVE the baskets. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What stunning photos!! And what a way to relax after such a stressful week.
    Hope your weekend has been filled with good things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fabric boxes are lovely and wonderful fabrics too!
    Sorry to hear you've had a stressful week, hopefully your Easter break will make up for it ... have a relaxing and enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS: Yes, I'm having a few problems with Blogger ...sometimes I can't open up a blog, or a photo, others I can't reply to, no matter how hard I try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful fabric box filled with delicious things! Great photo of Lucy on the steps. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there! Love the little fabric boxes. They are so pretty. OFSTED is the most dreaded word! Glad it's all over and done with. Love the pic of Lucy waiting for mice. Have a good week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I see the lovely Lucy on the step!! And your picture of Robin in the tree is great. The fabric boxes look woderful and very handy I should think. x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****